Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Ultraliner twin steering mechanism

Hello friends.

My boddy - Oleg Malakhov started to build Australian Mack ULTRALINER twin steering:

208384919.jpg

208284233.jpg

Here is his Work In Progress: http://forum.autoinscale.com/viewtopic.php?id=7813

Now he has a lack of information about twin steering mechanism.

Does anybody have photos of this Ultraliner feature to make clear how to scratch build it authentic?

Hi, the 2 trucks in the pictures are here in New Zealand, the black one V8 powered and the other now has a series 60 Detroit under the cab. Post your email address or contact me on twb11@xtra.co.nz and I can send you some photos I took of a twin steer set up on one the same. It is of course right hand drive being a New Zealand version (also same as the Australian version). I can also send some scans of a road test and photos from a truck magazine from here in New Zealand as well. The twin steer Ultraliner was popular here in sleeper and day cab form.

Edited by fridge2538

Also some scans from a New Zealand truck magazine of a road test of a 525HP sleeper cab 8x4 Ultraliner.

The steering box is mounted inside the chassis rail (right hand drive) and under cab air intakes were an option as well as verticle intakes mounted behind the cab and the same with exaust. These were verticle behind the cab or under chassis mounted.

post-5545-0-62131300-1341209507_thumb.jp

post-5545-0-65430400-1341209460_thumb.jppost-5545-0-02932300-1341209489_thumb.jp

Edited by fridge2538

Glad I could help, just checked out the updates. Wow that is fantastic detail, going to be amazing when he is finished.

Let me know if you need any more information. The right hand side at the front of the frame has the parts of the gear shift mechanism as well which is what the other rods in the photos are for as seen in the photos of the red day cab truck.

Edited by fridge2538