Model Cars Magazine Forum

My older builds

W-409

Thanks, Skip!

You have seen this one before, I've posted it, but few years ago, maybe so here it is again. '41 Willys Gasser is built after '64 Impala. It's looking pretty good, painted with spray can and few coats of clear on it. I added spark plug wires to engine and there are some details painted also. I left the grille off and some other parts too... This has been in few model contests, and I've won one "Racing- Best Junior" prize with it. ;)

P9100432.jpg

P9100433.jpg

P9100434.jpg

P9100436.jpg

P9100438.jpg

P9100440.jpg

P9100442.jpg

EDIT: Here is the picture of Willys with the prize...

IPMSOpen2009RacingBestJunior.jpg

Edited by W-409

After that Willys, I built '53 Studebaker FC, the "Miss Deal Funny Car"... That is Revell kit. It came out quite good BUT I tried flake painting and that is looking real bad. Otherwise this car looks pretty good, I added spark plug wires and painted some details also. This model was fun to build, and that kit is great. I have one glue bomb Stude waiting for builder on the stash... That will be loking better. This kit is really worth buying and building too.

Konepeltieioikeinsovi.jpg

Flakekokeilumenipieleen.jpg

Moottorissatulpanjohdot.jpg

I'll post more soon. I think, that I post all of my models to this topic, the new ones too, so you all can see the improve of my bulding skills. :lol:

After Studebaker, I built '69 Corvette. It's painted with spray can and it has not any clear on it... This is also the first model where I used BMF... This is Revell's California Wheels kit, but I sold those big wheels away first and used American Racing Torq Thrust wheels. It's bit higher than the original one, and engine has some high power parts. I added ignition wires and heater hoses to the engine. Interior is pretty much original. Nothing special with this one, but it looks quite good to me.

RevellCaliforniaWheelsSarjasta.jpg

Korkeaasento-hyv.jpg

MaalattuBiltemanpunaisella.jpg

Sivuputkettottakai.jpg

Moottorissalankatulpanjohdot.jpg

Lmpprinletkutkinovatpaikallaan.jpg

Sisustastatuliihanok.jpg

Alustassaeimitnihmeit.jpg

Oh, engine is anything but clean... Well, hope it doesn't matter...

Edited by W-409

After I had finished '69 Corvette I got one NASCAR done. It's Tony Stewart's Home Depot Chevy. The kit is AMT. That kit is simply terrible. Over half of the kit parts needed some modifying to fit their own places. Still many of them are not fitting correctly... For example the body isn't fitting nicely. End result looks bad too, I just built it quite fast and I didn't care too much of "little" things... It looks like that too... But it was fun to build, even if it was a bad kit. I added some details to engine and this one is painted with spray can. Some clear on it. Decals were bad too. They did split for many pieces when I dip them to the water.

AIvanjrkyttvsarja.jpg

Korieisovikunnolla.jpg

Takaanyttedesjoltain.jpg

Alustaonnistuiedeskohtalaisesti.jpg

Lhesjokaosaajoutuimuokkaamaan.jpg

MonteCarloilmankoria.jpg

Moottoriayritinvhndetaljoida.jpg

RearSupension.jpg

Takaluukkuaikasimppeli.jpg

And yes, the body is removable.

• 3 weeks later...

After a short break, here is again one older build from me. It's AMT's '57 Chevy Bel Air in 1/16 scale... I built intake manifold gaskets to engine and added spark plug wires. They are in correct firing order. Body is painted with spray can and it has some clear on it. This needed lots of BMF. Interior is simple, there are no special things. Doors don't fit, and I didn't fix that problem. There are lots of mistakes, but I think, that it looks quite good now...

P1010329.jpg

P1010333.jpg

P1010332.jpg

P1010334.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the break, but here is one older build again. '65 Chevrolet Malibu 2 door Sedan is built right after '57 Chevy Bel Air. This one is the Revell California Wheels kit, but first thing, I did, I sold those awful too big wheels away. I used the stock tires, this one is otherwise stock too, 396" BBC engine under the hood. I modified this one from HardTop to Sedan. This one is painted with spray can and it has few coats of clear. I did some engine detailing, I added plug wires, heater hoses were included in the kit. I have won few prices with this model too.

P9100444.jpg

P9100446.jpg

P9100447.jpg

P9100448.jpg

P9100450.jpg

P9100451.jpg

P9100453.jpg

P9100455.jpg

P5280490.jpg

P5280492.jpg

Thanx for looking, and comments are always very welcome.

Edited by W-409

• 1 month later...

WHAT?! I posted this here few days ago... Now the post is gone :) !

Anyway, after that '65 Malibu sedan, I finished '58 Impala Mild Custom. It's built from Revell's Lowrider kit. Painted with metallic blue, and it has few coats of clear. Nothing special with this, cut the rear inner fenders off, because otherwise rear tires wouldn't fit. Engine is of course 348" with some detailing. Interior is simple, I just added few pinstripe decals and did some detail painting. This came out pretty well, upholstered the trunk and added some detail there also.

P7130509.jpg

P7130510.jpg

P7130511.jpg

P7130514.jpg

P7130515.jpg

P7130516.jpg

P7130517.jpg

P7130518.jpg

P7130521.jpg

P7130524.jpg

I got '64 Dodge 330 "The Ramchargers" finished after '58 Impala. This was built from Lindberg's kit. Engine has some detailing, plug wires, carburetor linkage and fuel lines. It was simple build, but when I was spraying some clear to the body, there came somekind of reaction and I had to remove old paint and clear, and start again. Decals were really tricky, but after all, they are looking ok. Interior has seat belts and some detail painting. This was one year build, but I'm pretty happy with it. I've won Junior category once with this model too.

P7180721.jpg

P7180722.jpg

P7180723.jpg

P7180726.jpg

P7180727.jpg

P7180729.jpg

P7180730.jpg

P7180731.jpg

P7180732.jpg

P7180734.jpg

wow bro, what progress you,ve been making. Keep up the great work

Thanks, Brett! It's great to have these models on the "display case", I can easily see the improve of my skills...

Next build, after the Ramcharger was '29 Ford RatRod. Built in two days, so it's not good, but just a fun project with lots of partsbox parts. Frame is 100% scratchbuilt, and I chopped the window frame, grille is lowered, exhaust pipes scrachbuilt. Interior has no floor, and it's really rusty. Just a fun and quick project, I didn't try to make this as realistic, as the other models, but I've got one price with it. I've built also another Rat Rod, and that was a great and more serious build.

P7190738.jpg

P7190739.jpg

P7190740.jpg

P7190741.jpg

P7190742.jpg

P7190743.jpg

P7190744.jpg

P7190745.jpg

P7190747.jpg

P7250873.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Next older build. Monogram's '55 Chevy 1/32 scale Snap Tite kit. It's built BoxStock, and painted with a spray gun. Two Tone paintjob... Some BMF used to chrome trim but bumbers are painted silver. Nothing special about it, interior is just painted red and white. Chassis is molded to one piece and I just painted all of the parts with different colors to make it looking realistic. And oh yes, it's BoxStock build.

P8021193.jpg

P8021194.jpg

P8021195.jpg

P8021196.jpg

P8021197.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My next finished model after that '55 Chevy was also 1/32 scale. Lindberg's '49 Ford. That kit was horrible, but I built it Box Stock, and that wasn't good idea. Interior and chassis are the best parts of the kit, but body doesn't look realistic at all. I painted it with spray gun and then some BMF. No anything special on this model, just OOB from a bad quality kit.

P8132347.jpg

P8132348.jpg

P8132349.jpg

P8132350.jpg

P8132351.jpg

Edited by W-409

• 1 month later...

After that '49 Ford I built '66 Nova Pro Street as a Glue bomb restore. I got it for free, and there were all of the parts. I broke the rear window, and windshield wasn't in good condition either, so I made new ones from acetate. It's painted with spray gun and Revelle Enamel paint. I had bit problems with the painting, and that's why I'm not happy about it. Engine is simple, just plug wires and carburetor linkage. Otherwise pretty much box stock, I think. And oh yes, it's the original release, not round 2. I've won one Best Junior prize on Street Machine, and once I was Junior III with this model.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

• 4 months later...

Yeah, it has been a while. That's because I didn't manage to get good pictures of that red '55 Pro Sportsman Chevy what was built after that Nova. I took some outside pictures now, and they're not perfect, but best ones so far. This Chevy was built almost Box Stock, only few engine details were added. Paint is from spray can and it has one coat of clear. Decals are from the kit, but I didn't want to use the stripes from that kit. It was bit challenging to get together, but I guess it turned out pretty good. Of course it doesn't look so good anymore, but I was pretty happy about it when it was finished.

P2180352.jpg

P2180353.jpg

P2180355.jpg

P2180356.jpg

P2180357.jpg

• 9 months later...

Thanks, Ron!

It has been a long time since I've posted anything in this thread. But here we go...

I built this little Diorama as fast build, it took only few days to complete. Not my best efforts (even in 2010), but I had alot of fun while building it. Basic components are the project engine from AMT '66 Nova ProStreet with modified Cylinder Heads and some styrene.

ValmisDioraamaFCMAOpeninTeemaluokkaan.jp

MercParkingOnlyJaMikkikansi.jpg

Then the most horrible model kit, I've ever built. Lamborghini Countach by Marui (or something like that). I built it in three or four days in summer cottage, managed to lost few parts and stuff like that. A fun build though. Especially the body parts didn't fit at all, the hood is glued open, because I didn't get it closed, headlights were almost impossible to glue open, doors don't fit etc.

Kuvausmesta.jpg

Valmistakaa.jpg

Thanks, Brett! It's great to have these models on the "display case", I can easily see the improve of my skills...

Next build, after the Ramcharger was '29 Ford RatRod. Built in two days, so it's not good, but just a fun project with lots of partsbox parts. Frame is 100% scratchbuilt, and I chopped the window frame, grille is lowered, exhaust pipes scrachbuilt. Interior has no floor, and it's really rusty. Just a fun and quick project, I didn't try to make this as realistic, as the other models, but I've got one price with it. I've built also another Rat Rod, and that was a great and more serious build.

P7190738.jpg

P7190739.jpg

P7190740.jpg

P7190741.jpg

P7190742.jpg

P7190743.jpg

P7190744.jpg

P7190745.jpg

P7190747.jpg

P7250873.jpg

i dont really like rat rods, but that is the rattiest rod i have seen. and i mean that as a compliment! it looks cool