Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone heard anything from Rick?

He is really good about answering emails and I have not heard from him about a small issue I had on an order and was hoping he is ok. It has been several months and that is just not like him.

He has really nice decals and normally great customer service. I would like to order more if I know everything is alright.

Thanks

A good source told me he is in fact going out of business. Wants to sell everything and get out.

I just made an order to complete future projects just in case . I don't need any of them asap but want to get them as a just in case , hopefully all goes well

I am sorry to hear that John.

I am never in a big hurry for most of the things I order as I buy stuff in advance while planning projects.

But I would like an email or something just to keep me up to date as to when to expect my orders so I can plan the next build.

What do you guys think of the quality of Lucas's decals. Saw them for the first time today and I am very disappointed.

I have to say i'm very disappointed also i put my set of replacement decals on tonight only to have half of the color come off, not even going to attempt building the other cars to go with the 6 other sets from him what a waist

The first set I used were indeed very nice.

The last set had some issues but nothing that could not be worked around.

Now it is just a matter of communication for me.

If he would just respond I am sure we could work things out and I would be placing more orders with him.

I am wondering if he isn't having printer problems and is just selling off good inventory until he can get it fixed.

Just guessing, and if that is the case a simple email would let us all know what is going on instead of creating all this bad mojo.

I wasn't going to post about this when it happened, but after reading this I will. I ordered some decals from Decals By Lucas a few months ago. After a month they did not show up, so I e-mailed him about it. No response. Paypal gives you 45 days to make a claim, so I waited until the last minute to give Rick full benefit of the doubt before submitting the claim. After the claim was made I finally got a NASTY e-mail from Rick saying he had sent the decals. I don't know whether he did or he didn't, but if he had responded to my original e-mail I would have taken his word for it and not filed a Paypal claim. And the e-mail he did send was completely unprofessional and cost him a customer.