Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Six Pack WIP 10/27

caine440

I can count several mistakes I made just because I overlooked them. I blame the new born baby boy in our house for the lack of attention to detail. :)

I should have removed the windshield wipers, door handles, and Roadrunner script on the trunk lid.

My plug wires should have been yellow based on the restored car.

It still has a long way to go to get finished.

Thanks!

I think it looks great so far ( not that I expected anything less )

ps, what did you use for the intake and air cleaner ? Is it the monogram pieces by chance ?

But, and if I may.

the actual car used the base line interior not the high line int you have shown

I know a resin version of the baseline int was / might still be avail thru missing link . I have one for this very build later on and it looks outstanding.

and btw,

With a new born baby in the house this is going to take awhile

Just wait till they get older. Bench time doesn't get any easier to find . Trust me, mine are 15 + 12 . Everyday we are taking one or the other to some activity

Edited by gtx6970

The air claner is indeed from monogram. The intake and carbs were just in the parts box, I think the intake is from a Superbee and the carbs are from an AMT Duster.

When this started I was just going to do a quick build using the Johan kit out of the box. But I just kept changing stuff. I did get resin seats but used the rest of the interior from an AMT GTX.

Thanks!

Looks excellent as always, Roger. I like the subject alot and your paint job is turning out awesome. Engine detailing looks great, too and I wouldn't be worried about little differences to the 1:1 car, it's very few people who will notice them anyway.

i really love this build Roger,looking really good. a little too late but the 69 GTX kit has a 440-6 motor in it. so does the stock version of the 70 super bee. yours looks real good, that intake fits pretty good, good choice on the duster 6 pack also. sometimes you have to work with what you got.

not to hold you up on your build like the stupid articles i promised you (they are coming, soon i hope) but i have a few of the 69 johan interiors, it came with 70 front seats so that would not work, but the tub, dash, steering wheel and back seat you may be able to use. who knows when i will ever use them.send me a pm and your addy if you want them.

and what Bill said......

"Just wait till they get older. Bench time doesn't get any easier to find . Trust me, mine are 15 + 12 . Everyday we are taking one or the other to some activity"

.......aint no lie! just my 10 (11 on Christmas day) year old has basketball practice, baseball practice and bowls. we are going somewhere every day of the week. and yes, i said baseball practice, twice a week in a gym till march, then we head outside 4 days a week. wouldn't give it up for the world!!!

Thanks for the offer Al.

I have the Johan parts to and just never thought about using them.

I do like the looks of the carbs from the Duster kit, just had to modify them a little to get them to sit right.

You guys are depressing me.... I was hoping it gets easier as the boy gets older, at least he can go the the bathroom on his own!