Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin DBS (Pearl White Custom)

the4thlord

Aston Martin DBS (Pearl White Custom)
(1/24 Tamiya)

Well after a long time she's finally done...
Loved this kit and enjoyed building her a lot!....
Swapped the Stock rims for the sexier Aston spoke rims, and added a lot of wiring and plumbing details to the engine...

Enjoy the pics... :)

8488789363_19f65e574b_b.jpg

8488788199_2a7d043053_b.jpg

8488788111_56bb50d6de_b.jpg

8488789171_34cc1df4fe_b.jpg

8489886372_ed88ef25d1_b.jpg

8488788855_d95350297b_b.jpg

8488788373_8980d5931a_b.jpg

8488788023_2f6d3b0fc9_b.jpg

Surely... that's a real one. Isn't it? Awesome build, and brilliant photos, too. Is that Photoshop, or do you have a supercool graduated tint background for your pictures, too? Literally the only thing that gives away that it ISN'T real is the panel lines and door handles. I don't know what, if anything, I'd have done differently, especially on a white car like this, but if they were sharply delineated it'd look JUST like the photos on Aston's web site...

Superb job.

bestest,

m.

Surely... that's a real one. Isn't it? Awesome build, and brilliant photos, too. Is that Photoshop, or do you have a supercool graduated tint background for your pictures, too? Literally the only thing that gives away that it ISN'T real is the panel lines and door handles. I don't know what, if anything, I'd have done differently, especially on a white car like this, but if they were sharply delineated it'd look JUST like the photos on Aston's web site...

Superb job.

bestest,

m.

Ditto! Sportandmiah brings up an interesting point though.... The door handle on the drivers side can be seen quite clearly but on the passenger side it seem's to have "disappeared"??

Cheers Cliff

I've looked at some of your other builds Gaurav and they are very nice. The pictures of those other cars are crisp and clear, and the cars look like very well built models. But this Aston Martin I am having some doubts. There appears to be a lot of Photo Shop involved. The pictures are very pixelated when zoomed in. This appears to either be the real 1:1 car, or a diecast model.

Please prove me wrong. I'd like to see some clear close up shots of the interior, engine, bottom of chassis, and suspension.

If I am wrong, than I apologize for making a fuss, and indeed I will be the one to look like a fool.

Superb job.

bestest,

m.

Thanks M! :)

Yes, the background is Photoshop!

Thanks for the appreciation! :)

Looks super clean! I like it.

Thanks! :)

That first picture looked so realistic I thought you were showing pictures of what your model was inspired by.Amazing job.

LOL!... Thanks a ton! :D

I've looked at some of your other builds Gaurav and they are very nice. The pictures of those other cars are crisp and clear, and the cars look like very well built models. But this Aston Martin I am having some doubts. There appears to be a lot of Photo Shop involved. The pictures are very pixelated when zoomed in. This appears to either be the real 1:1 car, or a diecast model.

Please prove me wrong. I'd like to see some clear close up shots of the interior, engine, bottom of chassis, and suspension.

If I am wrong, than I apologize for making a fuss, and indeed I will be the one to look like a fool.

No problem dude...

Let me clear up a few things... :)

The pictures are colour / brightness corrected and the background is photo shopped! :) Apart from modelling i love photography... and the one thing you learn in photography is no matter how good a photographer you are, the image sensor of the camera is just not good enough to captures the depth of colour and brightness as our eyes... to enhance the picture further, post processing is a must!!

I do understand that the door handle markings cannot be seen.... there's a reason for that too! :P

Firstly, the passenger side markings are very faint as i didn't scribe them before painting and the passenger side markings are almost completely hidden! :( (my mistake)

Secondly, i'm shooting a white car on a black background with immense amount of light!.... this is a photographer's worst nightmare... till date i think white on black photography is considered to be a very difficult thing to do justice to, just because of the amount of light the subject reflects... the camera is set at a very high shutter speed to capture this picture, but still the light manages to wash out some parts of the model! :(

I have a thread on another forum detailing the build process of this car.... i'm not sure if the admins will allow me to post the link here but if they do then the link is right here (below).... please feel free to go through it.... you'll get all the clear close up pics of the car without photoshop!! :D

Oh and BTW... this is NOT a real car nor a Die-cast model (no one sells a detailed DBS in die-cast till date!)

Link to the build:

http://www.escalemodels.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12143&hl=&fromsearch=1

Those brake's alone are a work of art, the little emergency brake caliper is the first I have seen on a model kit. I believe the handle's are there ,but the reflection has hid them Doug.

Thanks man!! :)

My favourite part on this car were the brakes!! :D

Yup, the handle's there... just a little too faint to see with all the bright white light!!!

(i believe it can be seen slightly in the last pic! :)

I never thought it would look so good in white. Amazing built! Congratulations!

Thanks !! :D

Cant believe, that i "only" see a modelcar. WOW!

Thanks! :)

This is so nice I expected to see Jeremy Clarkson sitting in it. You certainly do beautiful work, Gaurav. Wecome to our board!

LOL!!.... Thanks you !! :D

Impressive work Gaurav B)

Thanks a lot! :)

Excellent, love the color & rims

Thank You! :)