Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 stang coupe

Thanks Jeff. Yes, Mark it is 1/25 from the MPC kit. Still molding up the rest of the bits to go with the body. You will get body, hood, lower front bumper,dash, rear seat, package self, door panels, head lights and, clear red tail lights. Price $55.00. The AMT/MPC 87-88 Gt will be the intended donor. hope to have a few ready to ship by the end of next week. again, A HUGE THANKS to Jeff from Motor City resin for all his help here.

Don't take this the wrong way, but:

I and countless others have been bit by bad or highly inaccurate attempts at a Mustang coupe before. Not saying that this offering will share the same fate, but I am sceptical of it. I am a huge FOX fan, and would gladly dish the $55 for a good and accurate 4eye coupe. Let me know when it is ready and I would like to have a go at one of these (I have about a dozen of the MPC 1/25th offerings and plenty of AMT and Revell chassis/drivetrain donors). Lots of pictures from all angles will help out as well; giving those who might be contemplating this a good overall look at the kit.

Thank you Kris. As a FOX lover, I am very sceptical whenever someone says they have a 'correct' coupe. Even with me working with Ed Sexton on bringing a 1991-93 1/25th Mustang Coupe to market, I am scaptical as to how correct it will be. I see this is an early cars (1979-82) and based on an MPC offering. With a nose and taillight swap I can do the 83-84 as well. This is a good thing. maybe, if I can get more than one, I will master up the 85-86 nose and body molding.

I look forward to more pics and info as it comes; and keep in mind that if Ed and Revell are dead serious about their coupe, that this would make a great retrofit to backdate their offering.

Edited by whale392

First- Jeff and Kris- as always, great work. Be sure to have a few with you when you come to visit us at MassCar in March. I can say with some confidence that it will be well-received.

From the rest of the conversation- are we getting a glimpse at a possible future product from Revell? If so, I'd buy one. And as nutty as this may sound, I'd like to see an LX with the 2300 Lima as well as the 302; I think the ability to build an oft-forgotten about car would be kinda neat. For the earlier ones, perhaps a carbed 232?

Anyone?

Charlie Larkin

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine today and it's really, really nice. The actual material is some of the nicest I've seen - looks more like plastic than resin. The proportions look right on the money and the castings are super clean. I didn't see where any cleanup was needed at all. And the price is very reasonable, considering the quality of the product. Anyone who's interested in Fox Mustangs should jump all over this.