Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fox Body LX Convertible

In conjunction w/ our 9th year anniversary 4/1/11 & yes, .., well over due > launching of our fresh new web site,

( w/ all the new products in the past few years ) and SPRING, we're adding another PONY to the STABLE

to commemorate all of the above!

Today, I received a pkg, from "DB Designz" ( that made my week )

The Dropped Top Fox Bodied LX Convertible master, which Darin (creator of the org LX Notch) thought it'd be a great idea to wack the LX Notch roof off & graft on to that LX the *Convertible* top section from the Revell GT convertible... & I agree :lol:

Between hours back on the computer today, replying to emails, printing invoices, then out in the shop... pouring resin, pkg'g up orders & a quick run to the Post Office... I was able to get in a few hours giving her a lil' TLC ...

well a pic is worth a 1,000 words ( click on lik below ) *another "glazing session" is in order & spot sand etc....

I "should" have it in rubber over the wkd & ready to go by Monday

As you all know , we've been offering the LX Notch for about 2 years now, this LX Convertible just made sense !

Have a few more Pony's, as well as a few other versions of the Fox Bodied cars in the Bull Pen TBA ....

Get ready for March Madness

Thanks for LQQKING

Edited by Reliable Resin

Reliable,

I have been on your website and I cannot find any Mustang products listed. I tried sending an email requesting info on the Mustang kits using your Contact Us email page but when I submit I get an error stating "site not found".

I ma interested in the Fox body Mustang kits and parts. Please advise where the items are on the website.

Thanks

Danger

Dave , may I make a "Personal Request" that you don't attempt to "HiJack" this thread ,

as you've done in the past.

We're all aware of your feelings toward me & we've all heard your discontent in past,

come on guy, after all it's been years that you've been carring this torch

Please conduct yourself accordly.

Thank You

Don

Dave , may I make a "Personal Request" that you don't attempt to "HiJack" this thread ,

as you've done in the past.

We're all aware of your feelings toward me & we've all heard your discontent in past,

come on guy, after all it's been years that you've been carring this torch

Please conduct yourself accordly.

Thank You

Don

I agree, The Mustang looks great Don, I'm building on!

Thanks for all the "input" today

I am aware that there were different interiors available w/ the LX's

As a matter of fact , a good buddy of mine owned one & he had it w/ the base "cloth seats"

My thoughts are the most cost effective for the builders & that'd be the GT donor kit

I realize that there are many builders/members here that "push the envelope" on their creations , & that's great.

Know that I offer these products to a wide range of builders/customers *again many are driven by cost effectiveness & I hope that the GT doner kits interior shall suffice, as they are "cost effectively" readily available

Today, my total focus was dialing in the LX Converible body,( best I could )

& made , some pretty serious progress ... she's 99.9% DONE !

( pics on the link of 1st post )

Looking back at the day ( @1:30 am in the morning here )

I'm glad that I stayed focused on it instead of "cruzing the forum or mesg brds", it's amazing what one can get done , if your focused @ the bench, rather than behind the computer

I have a real sense of accomplishment, & really enjoied the time invested out in the shop , creating after all > "Modeling is Meditation"

It's really late here & I'm beat ... yawing as I write this....

There's "more to come" for the Fox Bodied Stable

Enjoy the pics of the LX convertible

Edited by Reliable Resin

I think between Mark and Dave, the technical merits of a 'correct' interior have been covered pretty well. It will depend on the end-user to convert the existing resin parts/kitbash/scratchbuild a correct interior to match the year of the car being built.

Don, this is no slam to you, so please do not read more into it than is there. Dave does hit a good point though; if you are going to market something as 'Correct', please be sure it is. There are more than enough people out there that are fanatical about a certain product line (witness the response and FOX love here) who are very knowledgable on that line that will call someone out who claims 'correct' and is not. Again, no slam to you or your products, as they are the closest to correct that have yet to be offered. Just a little look at where some of the percieved 'hate' might be coming from.

Should you ever offer the coupe somewhere besides Ebay, I would think about getting a few and doing an LX/5.0 and a 4cyl/5spd. Combine the Ten-Holes you offer with a corrected coupe interior with some modified front seats and a toned-down 4cylinder from either the reissued SVO or the Thunderbird Turbocoupe to create a nice base LX. Time will tell and money will see.

"Should you ever offer the coupe somewhere besides Ebay, I would think about getting a few and doing an LX/5.0 and a 4cyl/5spd"

Bradly , we're working on that, for the time being,,, just shot me an email > ReliableResin@aol.com & we'll send you an invoice w/ all assoc'd "options"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't sleep last nite , so I got up & headed to the shop to finish the LX Convertible

... Mocked up on the Donor kit chassis & Guts / Up Top & Boot from the GT Convertible ,w/ the "PONY WHEELS"

( that we're also casting )

This took a lil' longer than I 1st thought , but isn't that always the case ...LOL

I'm "comfortable" w/ pouring rubber on it NOW :)

The LX Convertible base pkg = Body & Frt Clip ( for now ) Corrected LX tail lights & wheel optional 10 Hole & Pony wheels , as well as the Rear Spoiler(s) coming soon

Fresh Pics listed

Edited by Reliable Resin

Wow Jason, what an edit job you did. I could see returning the info and pic comparo to your post, as it was quite helpful for those who don't know the FOX as well as others of us. The 'angled pic' concern was well-founded and your comparison showed exactly why.

With work, I think a more accurate Coupe could be made from the R-R body. it will take some research and good pics, but it does provide a better start for a conversion for the 1/24th scale crowd.

I am eager to see how the upcoming Revell 1/25th Coupes proportions will look. I still like my RM 1/24th kits, so one or two of these are still a consideration (as my AFXn Scale resin bodies are junk).

Well, evidently I missed something this wkd

Been in bed last cple days, Sick as a Dog since Friday w/ that new super strand Flu

I gotta tell ya guys ,,, this new flu..... is the worst I've ever had

When I coughed ,,, it hurt all the way down to the knuckles in my toes !

Still seeing double from all the darn NyQuil

Hope to feel better tomorrow