Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy easter!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this conversion i'm interested in doing. My dad had 4 cudas right before I was born and as a little kid, they were all 73 to 74s. I really like the looks of these versions better than the 71 ( I know that everyone likes these better but...) I got the AMT 74 curbside but I am not happy with the lack of detail. I would like to put a motor in it and maybe change the headlights a little. The problem is that the car is in 1/25th and all of the other cuda kits are 1/24th. Is there anything out there that I could use for a motor (340-440) or do I have to fight with someone on ebay for an old MPC kit and spend like $40 bucks?! I'm not sure if there is anything I can do, but I sure would like to try.

Thanks for any help,

Mike.

I personally like the 70 best (like the 73/74, but little differences like parking lights in the top of the front grill.), but to answer your question, to get a better detailed engine comp and chassis, I would get an AMT Challenger. The one you can make either a convertable or hard top. That whole top thing causes it's own issues, but it has a really nice chassis (seperate exhaust & rear axle, not to mention a front suspension with no metal rod.) and front inner fenders that make for a great engine bay. For a really nice SB, I would get an AMT Duster kit. If you can find a street machine version, it has some really nice MP valve covers.

Keep us posted.