Model Cars Magazine Forum

Frustration Day

Harry, if it makes you feel any better, I went to get my propane tank refilled and couldn't because it was too old, I forgot to bring the newer one with us on the move, so I had to do an exchange

Least you didnt have to stop and get gas, I bet you would of went to a gas station that was out of gas :lol:

The one in Schaumburg, on Golf road just west of Roselle Road.

Ok, I wasn't sure what hours Glen usually has for his store.......I was even wondering if Zack was opening and late getting there (did that more than once when we worked by Fox Valley Mall........) and you may have misread the hours :P

Harry, sounds like you had a cruddy day. It gets annoying when everyone is out of stock on everything you need. But I'll give ya a couple tips to save ya a little aggrevation. They work tremendously for me.

At Hobby Lobby and Michaels, it pays to have a smart phone. If you do have a smart phone, either screenshot their coupon from the Hobby Lobby or Michaels app before leaving home...or swing into a McDonalds and use their WiFi on the way to bring them up before you get there. (Puts it on Ronald McDonald's tab and saves on your data. :D ) Once you get to Hobby Lobby/Michaels, if you don't have someone with you to take your phone back through the check out, just make your purchase, put your receipt in the bag, and go back for another item to check out in another lane. I do this all the time at several locations...even in different states. I've seen that $6.00 price tag on all Testors paints at some Hobby Lobbys too and I'm not about to even pay it once!

Here's a good tip for any Walmart with a tire & lube place. ALWAYS part back there if you are running in for electronics or automotives if the service center is open. That way you don't have to search all day for a parking space or walk fifty miles if they don't have what you want. And btw, I don't believe the associate's story. I have NEVER seen a Walmart without body filler. In fact, I have never seen one without Bondo brand filler. That includes stores in KY, VA, TN, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, IN, and OH so far.

Edited by Skydime

So I had a day today just Harry did, need to get a can of Air-craft stripper, so I went to the Autozone that is 2 minutes from the house, out of stock, ok, back in the car to Oriely auto parts another 2minute trip, they had a can, but not at the price I wanted to pay ($5 more then autozone), so back in the car to wally world (same shopping center as Auto Zone), they have in stock what AZ didnt, great, 20 minutes later found someone with a key to open the case up to get the can

Should of just stayed home

Harry,

WallyMart told me that about the Bondo about a month ago. By accident, I found it was moved to the tool isle next to the air tools. :huh: I guess they figure you are going to need an air sander to sand it and an air compressor to run the sander.

At Hobby Lobby and Michaels, it pays to have a smart phone. If you do have a smart phone, either screenshot their coupon from the Hobby Lobby or Michaels app before leaving home...or swing into a McDonalds and use their WiFi on the way to bring them up before you get there. (Puts it on Ronald McDonald's tab and saves on your data. :D ) Once you get to Hobby Lobby/Michaels, if you don't have someone with you to take your phone back through the check out, just make your purchase, put your receipt in the bag, and go back for another item to check out in another lane. I do this all the time at several locations...even in different states. .....

hmmmm............

hmmmm............

All those cashiers at Hobby Lobby really care is that one individual doesnt present it to them more than once and you physically have the coupon code...and Michaels just wants to scan it...don't care if you hand it off to someone or just used it in another isle. Works to our advantage :D

Edited by Skydime