Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Dukes of Hazzard Charger to be Reissued?

Casey

You remember correctly. And if I remember right, someone out there makes a Daytona conversion in resin.

@ elan: How many DOH kits can one own? Well, this makes it already two for me, and none of them will end up being a DOH.

You remember correctly. And if I remember right, someone out there makes a Daytona conversion in resin.

@ elan: How many DOH kits can one own? Well, this makes it already two for me, and none of them will end up being a DOH.

Perry's Resin makes the Daytona conversion, IIRC.

There are some pic of the interior tub on the SA faorum, and stock door panels and front seats are included with this version, but the rest is still NASCAR-like. I looked over an original DOH version Sunday and it had street tires and vane-type mag wheels, though I don't think they are Vectors.

Not everyone is going to build this kit as the General Lee (myself included), so if it has to be marketed and packaged as a DOH kit by Round2, that's fine by me. Round2 might even surprise us by doing some re-tooling and making this issue even closer to factory stock (such as including a rear seat).

Quite honestly, I'd love to see just about ANY semi-modern (i.e., not a 1908 Oldsmobile) 1/16th scale vehicle re-issued, and the DOH Charger probably hasn't seen the light of day since the '80s.

Kudos to Round2 for making this one happen. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if anyone from Revell is reading this, we sure would love to see the 1/16 '34 Ford coupe re-issued. :lol:

I knew it was going to come out as I pulled mine out a little while ago to start a restoration on it. It does have the same chassis as the Petty Charger, that was later reissued as a Street Charger, both of which I have. The petty one has a clear body. I will have to check out that Daytona conversion. that could have possibilities.

Mike

I grew up watching DOH and have only build one General and someone destroyed it. I want all the DOH stuff. And really others can move past it and make large scale "normal" cars out of it. Heck I might get 2. Make a General and make the one on TV with right side drive and all modern running gear.

Just sharing an e-mail I received after inquiring about the forthcoming re-issue:

The kit will be the same as the previous time it was out. No changes planned.

Regards,

John Greczula

AMT / MPC / Polar Lights / Auto World

Edited by Casey

I feel real bad!

I just sold the original factory sealed one to an eBay'er for some good change.

I may send him some money back.

If I would have known before that this was going to be reissued, I would not have put such a high price on it.

I feel bad.

Thanks for the updates on it though.

You would figure the Big Kahuna would know these things.

You shouldn't feel bad at all, Gregg- they paid what they thought it was worth, and to a collector, an orignal issue kit may be worth much more than a re-issued kit.

I wonder if Perry's Resin is going to have Daytona conversion kits and decals ready to go when this kit hits the street. B)

That's what we need another DOH kit, how much of this stuff can people own?

I'm quite happy this kit is being reissued, it has sentimenal value to me. This was the first model I built, with the help of my father, when I was a kid. I lost it in a house fire in 1997, along with the rest of my 200+ kit collection, not to mention the house! I have been quite happy with Round2 reissuing the classic kits, and have already told the owner of my LHS to hold one for me when they are released. This has been one of the hardest kits for me to replace, along with the Monogram 1:16 scale tractor trailer kits. I'm far from being a rich man and can't afford the high collector prices on ebay these kits go for, especially the trucks, for a factory sealed kit. I build my kits and don't see the point in leaving them sit on a shelf. By the way, if you're wondering why I said factory sealed referring to kits like these, I want one I know is complete!

You shouldn't feel bad at all, Gregg- they paid what they thought it was worth, and to a collector, an orignal issue kit may be worth much more than a re-issued kit.

I wonder if Perry's Resin is going to have Daytona conversion kits and decals ready to go when this kit hits the street. :)

Casey I gotta run over to his store and get a few things while there I could ask Randy. Would you want me to?

I don't mind the reissue of the 16th scale GL, and the Daytona conversion sounds great, I'll probably buy both... but the folks who are convinced that the 'Dukes of Hazzard' was a documentary are still REALLY annoying.