Model Cars Magazine Forum

!/16 PRO MOD DAYTONA

baddgass

Derrick.......I will be watching this........I also have a Pro Mod that is next on my list.......I have never built one before......this will be my first.......can`t wait to see this come together.

John Thanks, but anything you do will be Great. Just saw some of your other work in this mo. M.C.M. SUPER COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one of these bodies and also the Willys and Terry is about done with the 70.5 Camaro and more coming.

A Camaro, i like to get one or two.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear....really in need of a thumbs-up icon please Gregg. :)

Derrick, this is going to be another "must watch" topic to follow. You have my complete attention. ;)

May I ask the source of the wheels/tyres..? They look pretty trick too, as well as that swoopy body of course.

And what's the plans for the chassis...? Brass or plastic.??

I've just had a looksie at FlashPoint too....the 70 Camaro may need to come my way I think.......:lol: Plus a motor, lenco, chutes......:rolleyes::)

Looking forward to the next instalment.

cheers

Greg

Stump Thanks for looking in. The 70.5 Camaro IS coming this way, the wheels and some other parts came form a DieCast car i get ( TIME BOMB ) and the chassis will be in plastic. I like working in plastic.

Thanks Derrick. :P

Ok, I've had a little look around the 1:16 die-cast section on ebay.....bit too pricey for me to think of stripping one down. :lol:

Terry has some "new" 5-hole fronts and rears on the way soon.....may need to place another order.

Just ordered a 70.5 Camaro, ProMod motor and a few other bits a while ago. :lol:

And I think I'll stay with plastic too.....much easier to work, hey.

Thanks Derrick. :lol:

Ok, I've had a little look around the 1:16 die-cast section on ebay.....bit too pricey for me to think of stripping one down. :)

Terry has some "new" 5-hole fronts and rears on the way soon.....may need to place another order.

Just ordered a 70.5 Camaro, ProMod motor and a few other bits a while ago. :lol:

And I think I'll stay with plastic too.....much easier to work, hey.

Well the die-cast was giving to me, a $80.00 give (NICE) :D But it will be nice to see the wheels and tires Terry is coming out with. So you make your order (COOL) i'll be look in on you if that's ok. ;) Next week i will be making a order for a 70.5, the daytona may go in the back of the shop. lol I am a GM man. Well back to work on my 69 1/25 Camaro, will post up some pics. some. BE COOL BROTHER :lol:

Edited by baddgass

Well the die-cast was giving to me, a $80.00 give (NICE) :lol: But it will be nice to see the wheels and tires Terry is coming out with. So you make your order (COOL) i'll be look in on you if that's ok. :D Next week i will be making a order for a 70.5, the daytona may go in the back of the shop. lol I am a GM man. Well back to work on my 69 1/25 Camaro, will post up some pics. some. BE COOL BROTHER :lol:

That IS a nice score, well done. B)

Yep, got the 70.5 ordered a couple of days ago, Terry gave the hint that the new wheels/tyres would be pretty kool...:lol:

Hey, I just started working on a 69 too......1/12. :rolleyes: Body is in shop for serious mods.....:lol:

That IS a nice score, well done. :D

Yep, got the 70.5 ordered a couple of days ago, Terry gave the hint that the new wheels/tyres would be pretty kool...:lol:

Hey, I just started working on a 69 too......1/12. :) Body is in shop for serious mods.....;)

Cool, what 69 and have you posted any pics.? I like to see. I got a 70.5 coming this way too, man i'm looking forewarn to seeing it. May put this one on hold (i am a chevy man)

Isn't that a Ross Gibson? Do you recommend? I'm 14 and thinking about trying to get the Christine pro mod Revell kit and making it into the new version of it

Troy Nice to see a young men like you building models. I think rebuilding the Christine Pro Mod is a cool ilde. The engine you see is a 1/16 scale Flash Point Motor Sports setup. But i have worked with Ross Gibsons engine there for 1/24 1/25 scale cars. Competition Resins hads carbon fiber blower hat, 14-71 blower, kebelco 14-71 bag blower and PSI blower, and all kines of good stuff. Here one i build useing the parts.

005-35.jpg

008-20.jpg

Cool, what 69 and have you posted any pics.? I like to see. I got a 70.5 coming this way too, man i'm looking forewarn to seeing it. May put this one on hold (i am a chevy man)

Hehehe....Yep, I've started "chopping" up a 1/12 Revell-ogram '69 Z/28 Camaro Derrick. :)

It was an old body I had laying around, after a failed attempt at replicating a race style Camaro (Sunoco or Bob Jane-local Aussie car legend) The rear guards were all hacked up.

Though, looking at it now, the whole thing is all hacked up. :lol: Still, will be worth it if I can piece it together. ;)

Keep an eye out here. Haven't started a thread yet.....

And, happy dance time.....got my package off Terry today. :D Terrific friendly service, and very quick getting it all the way down here to Aus.....

New set of ProMod specific rear tyres and a multi-piece Mark Williams style rear end included. Awesome.

I'll get some pics and start a thread over the weekend. :)

Derrick... That engine is looking great. I love the detail that you are putting into it. Keep up the great work

Thanks Chris the engine is but together with white glue for mock up. A little hot water and it will come a part.

Thanks Chris the engine is but together with white glue for mock up. A little hot water and it will come a part.

Very cool idea, I am going to have to seal that and try that for mock up sometime. Thanks for the tip B) any certain brand? Krystal Klear ok from Micro scale?