Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Rubber Duck Mack"(updated finished 7/19/12 ) "Bulldog Mack with a can on the back""

I was just figuring out some 1/25 scale measurements tank trailer 36' = 1' 5" length!! I never knew the y made 36' trailers Next was the sleeper the sleeper measurment i have 1:1 scale is 50" which = 2" length . I noticed above on that model pic you have says 60" wander which ones correct?

Yup, 60" is the right one.

The truck looks right. If you didn't know better you'd never know they used diffrent trucks. 2 were used for the main shots. One was a glider kit that they used for close ups in the cab. One was used to go off the bridge.

I have this 3D trailer I made for a truck game, if we could just find someone to master it we'd be in good shape.

rdtanker.jpg

retanker2.jpg

rdtanker-1.jpg

I could provide the plans for it, but think it might be beyond my scratch buildin skills,LOL.

Edited by caboverkw

Hey for anyone wanting to scratch that sleeper I have 60" to scale on the outside I did on google sketchup. It has correctly radiused corners and cutout for the stack. Doors are close but may need to be checked dimension wise.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

If you need good reference material this is the site to see, they got sleeper measurements, tanker pictures.............http://www.stlouisdumptrucks.com/index.html

I've just bought the Testors Big Rigs Tanker trailer & will try to convert that, seems to be the closest of all the tanker kits out there. Dave from AITM did inform me that he might do a tanker sometime in the future.

Guess wot guys even though U haven't said anything about STS they have informed me that they no longer carry the RL700 Mack hood, they said molds only last so long so I guess they R out of the equation BUT hey that "Rubber Duck RL700 Mack looks great wots it cost.

Dingo B)

At $160aust I'll have to do a bit of hard saving to buy this one, yes why is it that when U go on to the Sourkraut truck site most things R out of stock, is it that he is so busy that he can't keep up or is it that this is just a hobby business for him not that I'm complaining it's just impossible to find anything on the site that's not out of stock.

Dingo B)

Its around 9 or 10 inches longer. You have to pay attention to the spec sheets. Some have bumpers that extend 6" past the front of the hood. Then you have to take into the equasion that prior to 1973, the Back of an R/ DM cab was flat. Post 73 models had I believe 3" added to the back of the cab for more driver room.

http://100_3067.jpgI finally got the macks today.I bought a set of 2 pretty reasonable only catch is the frame and chasis"s arent included but i have some some truck frames chasis.s etc the engines etc are in the kit i aint sure if this rd mack had a cummins or the maxidyne engine ???not sure Also do all macks have the camel back rear suspension and the upside down differentionals??(thats what i call them) But did some have a walking beam or air ride suspension as petes ,kws etc have????I was thinken i would just take a pete frame with the air ride put underneath it maybe use the mack engine and scratch build the sleeper i have all the real truck dimensions for the sleeper just have to scale it down .Let me know if any of you know about macks or waht the real rd truck has engine wise etc. Im thinken if i add a 1/4 inch in fornt of one of these hoods it should scale right not sure??http://100_3068.jpg

Edited by pete3522

not all macks had maxidynes and camel back suspentions macks that had all mack components where nicknamed pedigres.but mack also sold gliderkits. which were just cab and chassies. the customer could put what ever componets they wanted in it. they where nicknamed mutts. so yes you can have a mack with air ride. and any motor you want. i think the duck had a cummins in it.

Thanx for that info anthony i thought it was cummins too now as far as suspenion i am not sure but i might buy the revell peterbilt snap and use the frame and suspension air ride and put a cummins in it i can always use the cat engine for other projects put some 2 whole buds on it that would be a good start