Model Cars Magazine Forum

you thought the carpet monster was bad?

Guest Johnny

lol i thought it would be a dog.... my inside dog likes to "play"with my parts ..

Down side to that is retrieving them from the back yard when he "done" with them! :(

That picture reminded me of my oldest son who at the age of 4 took i think 10 of my kits and opened them up and had them scattered all over his bedroom. My wife said the look on my face was priceless. She said it looked like i didn't know whether to be upset, laugh or cry. My wife and i spent two hours to try and sort it out. I think some of the kits are still in my stash. Funny thing is he now builds and competes with me at the contests now. Priceless. Love the photo brings back memorys or nightmares. Lol.

there actually allready is a picture of him up in my room but this one would definatly be a nice addition

ive build a few snap kits with him allready and i cant wait untill he's old enough to really join me at the bench

(though im afraid as soon as he starts building models it wont be long till he starts wrecking 1:1 cars...if he's anything like Randy implies)

When he's around 14 or 15 and knows everything, that picture will mean a lot more !!!! I speak from experience !!! :rolleyes:

in the main hallway at my parents house there is a little plaque with the different views a son has on his father over the ages

(i think it actually came from my grandfather)

i dont quite remember what it said but it was something along the lines off

age 2: daddy is my hero

age 6: daddy is my best friend

age 12:daddy thinks he knows everything

age18: daddy is hopelesly oldfashioned

age 24:maybe dad was on to something

and i cant remember the rest, but i always liked that one

:lol: The look on his face , " If i don't move , he won't see me ! " :lol:

Priceless mate , all the best to you and your family for 2013 .

thanks, all to best to you and yours aswell

Oh that's not a problem.

It's only a NASCAR kit. No loss............

and a ford on top of that ;)

Actually, wasn't that an "ALAN KULWICKI" Kit??

I have that kit, and most of the others of his.

Out side of Richard Petty & Davey Allison's they are the only FranceCar kits I will build now!!!!!

To me that series has gone downhill. I rarely watch it anymore.

When my younger daughter (now 24) was 4 she sat down at my hobby bench and managed to pour an entire bottle of Zap A Gap into an interior tub. She was working on a model just like daddy!

oh yeah, i remember a day when he couldnt have been more then 18 months, just old enoug to get on a chair and sit down

i was working on the kitchen table, sanding a rim down to fit inside a tire and he was sitting next to me

i set down the sand paper and the rim to work on the engine

pretty soon i heard this grinding sound as he started sanding the tire down in the exact same fashion i had just been sanding the rim :)

Actually, wasn't that an "ALAN KULWICKI" Kit??

I have that kit, and most of the others of his.

Out side of Richard Petty & Davey Allison's they are the only FranceCar kits I will build now!!!!!

To me that series has gone downhill. I rarely watch it anymore.

it sure is, good eye

i got that kit and the heinz 57 (the car in my avatar) in a trade or a deal or something one day, mostly because of the added goodies (which i have yet to use)

its one of the few kits i actually dont mind him looking into much

Heehee. My human monsters are a bit beyond that mischief. I only have to worry about this guy now:

i have a cat about that size

i put up the wall just as much for the cat as i did for the boy, but its a lot more effective on the cat: he cant open the door thats in it

Edited by diymirage

• 3 months later...

Speaking of cats and model parts. My son was working on his corvette model and he couldnt find his door panels. After a half hour of looking he found them in the living room in our cats bed along with his landing gear for his plane he is building. My son now puts everything in storage drawers when hes not at his bench. Well, wats a cat with thumbs going to do with his spare time. Lol.