Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ford Starliner

Phizz

This is my first attempt to recreate a model from an actual car, so it wont be 100% exact, but I really dig the 1:1 that I wanted it atleast in my scale collection. :)

The interior on the 1:1 is not stock, and I've never really used putty on a serious level, so no drastic changes there. I guess I'm going more for the stance and paint overall.

rodderpic.jpg

62153510201066584536907.jpg

looking good man! the engine is lookin really nice and clean too......when you do your plug wires, put a little piece of tape over the chrome parts so you dont rub the chrome off with your fingers...

lookin good, keep it goin`

cheers

bryan

Not the best pic, and still have a bit to go along with some better lighting and polish, but I just wanted to check the stance.

And that BMF was a challenge, but for my first time I am pretty impressed with the outcome.

How's she lookin?

20130517160455.jpg

That's looking great, but still a bit high in the front compared to the 1:1. Could be a good cruzing height though.

I like the interior work.

Later-

I agree, I want it alot lower in front but the oil pan and chassis are already pretty much sitting on the ground. To get any lower I would have to sand alot of it away. Again, before I started I knew it wasnt going to be a 100% match, but I wanted to get as close as possible, without pulling too many hairs out. lol