Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

Yeah I have that AMT Parts Pack with the TV camera, tripod, lights, speaker, broom, etc... The stuff looks cool but I don't know when I'll ever use them. Got the guns & violin case, bottles & barrels & stuff from the Gangbusters Lincoln. Bowling bag, suitcase, hat box from the Rambler wagon, bunches of tools from the '34 Ford Pickup & '53 Ford Pickup, TV's & Tape Recorders, tool boxes, welding tanks, coolers, skateboard, surf boards, gas & oil cans, fire extinguishers, couple of "stuffed animals, All this stuff is in a box with other pieces I've been accumulating over the years which are all very close to 1/24 - 1/25 scale like a couch, easy chair, table, gas grill, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher. Some of them were refrigerator magnet items that I removed the magnets from. I was planning on using most or all of the stuff as a moving truck load using the Ford Louisville Truck... Just never got around to it yet.

OK, this thread has been so much fun to read and look at, that I had to go dig out my stash of what I call my "Diorama Junk" and take some pictures... Here we go...

First up is furniture & appliance pieces, and a Bar-B-Q with gas tank that I've been accumulating for an imagined Moving Truck load. I planned on building the Ford Louisville Truck but have just not gotten around to it yet...

0011024x763-1.jpg

Next picture shows all the appliances with their respective doors open... The painted resin 1/25 scale woman is in the picture to show the size of the items...

0021024x763-1.jpg

Next are a briefcase, suitcase, large mouse figure, bowling bag, hat box, violin case, & guns.

0041024x763-1.jpg

Next are Gangster figures, whiskey bottles in boxes, cans, barrels, jugs, steins & more guns...

0051024x763.jpg

Next up is a wooden table with a "Babe", a box of tissues, a case of beer & some bourbon (She's ready to party...!!!), some assorted gas cans, a box, a hand truck, a winch, a vise, a pair of bolt cutters, a floor jack and an anvil on a wood log that I didn't glue together..

0101024x763.jpg

Now this is a small toy set of gas pumps that is close to 1/25 scale, but will probably need some work to look more realistic...

0031024x763-1.jpg

This is a Coke Machine from a '50 Chevy Pickup, and a Camper insert for the back of a pickup truck... I don't remember where I got that from, and I don't know when I'll use it...

0121024x763.jpg

Finally, this is a set of 1/24 scale, diecast garage diorama accessories that I've had for years. There is a small & large tool chest, a stand up compressor, welding tanks, an arc welder, a battery charger with battery and an engine stand. I have one of the Fujimi Garage 3/4 buildings, and a Joe's Garage Diorama kit that I've been wanting to put all this stuff in...... Whenever I get around to working on that large of a diorama.... Something that big would be a pain to store and keep the dust off down in my basement model area.

011763x1024.jpg

Edited by Ramfins59

Rich & Ron, those things are amazing!

Ron, looks like you haven't missed a thing. That's about as much of the kit supplied stuff as you could expect to find over the course of pooling through kits and vendor tables. Great variety, those are classic!

Rich, you're showing stuff I never even knew existed and the finished items look fantastic. Now I know who to contact for leads on where to get G scale items. I'm glad you showed those, I had no idea. Cute little 12-pack too.

What the symbology of the buick elephant?

Buick used elephants in advertising in the '60's(?),I guess to symbolize their cars were big and powerful. "Elephant ears" were bumper guards that went on the outer corners of the bumpers and looked like...yep,you guessed it.

• 1 month later...

One of the old Monogram dragster kits also had a Christmas Tree Starting light. I think it was the Snake, Mongoose kits.

Also there was a 2 wheel trailer like a small U-Haul open trailer that came with the 62 Chevy Wagon, and later re-released.

Edited by Mercman

The MPC Display Case trailer came with a small movable Compressor (handle & wheels)

a few tools, Oil cans, a drum, gas cans, etc. (And the Cabinet for the front)

Hope they re-issue that again soon, though I already have 2 of them!

The Chrysler Imperial Roadster in the Gangbuster's series also had a Safe, and two briefcase/Suitcases.

One with Cash in it, the other with a clear insert of Jewels.

Ma Barker's Tour had some of those too.

I don't know if the 2 different Lincoln's had different or same Gangster parts.

The Camper is from AMT but they did the 65 no 66 El Camino. It actually was in an Early or Original issue of the 59 El Camino

The Trophy cars are in MANY AMT kits., though the 57 Chevy only came in the Older issues of the 57 Chevy

and the same for the 57 Ford.

The Stylized Fastback & 32 Fords were in Several kits.

The Chrome Trophy tree in the Avanti was first offered in AMT's "Customizing Series" kits.

66 Wildcat, 50 Ford Convert, 66 T-Bird, 49 Merc.

It always had the Vette, stantions, & Easel/dislpay sign. I have several of that chrome tree

The 50 Ford Convert had the 4 Cinder blocks, both the 49 Merc & 58 Impala kits had the chrome crankshaft & pistons

I have the Touch Tone Terror Phone Booth. The rack is in the built pickup. just not painted.

Booth is with my Resin 58 EDSEL Villager.

As for AMT's 61 & 62 Buick Special Wagons kits, The only real difference in the 2 are the grill update, & boxart.

Interior, accessories, etc are identical. I have versions of both.

Gunze Sangyo added Figures & accessories to their 50's-60's American classics.

I have the 59 Impala & Cadillac Deluxe kits. The each have 4 figures, and the same CHROME

extra's including a Pay-phone.

If I can be awake during Daylight hours I will dig out ALL the accessories I have and take pic's

I will also get the Gunze kits out.

Some of the stuff Ive collected over the years, My favorite has to be the work bench, I have no clue where it came from...any clues?....it did have a spotlight moulded to the top, and it looked very unrealistic so I shaved it off. My plans are to include it in my MRC Texaco station. I also really like the face mask.... dont know where this came from either.

post-7796-0-96770300-1356009703_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-92040100-1356009711_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-94109200-1356009733_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-19624800-1356009746_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-52970900-1356009763_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-45605900-1356009773_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-34036100-1356009785_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-77905400-1356009833_thumb.jp

On 12/20/2012 at 6:25 PM, 1930fordpickup said:

One (the one on the right)is a face mask of some kind. The other two are from a kit that had something to do with rally racing ,they have stop watch faces on the top.

The clipboards are from the MPC '77 Chevette kit, which contained a folding chair and table, tent, tent poles, first aid box (looks like a carry-type tool box), a checkpoint sign, and other things.

MPC77021976ChevetteGG.jpg.d91899aa7a48aba733053c3e205f2144.jpg

The AMT '64 Corvette Sport Coupe also contained a clipboard and a few other items:

AMT692464CorvetteSRSCgg.jpg.74a26e0340b448bc2167138dc298734b.jpg

Edited by Casey