Model Cars Magazine Forum

Embossing Powder

I only use the white. The reason is that you can paint it. The paint dries onto the embossing powder in a flatter sheen than on the styrene. Here is my 65 Mustang with painted embossing powder.

That looks really nice and . . . texturey... Say, I notice you have a mat on top of the driver's side floor - the one thing I always missed was the nicely engraved mats that are in most cars (they are hidden by the EP - oh sure, you can mask around it, but then it looks like the mat is below the top of the carpet). Where did you get yours?

Edited by fseva

That looks really nice and . . . texturey... Say, I notice you have a mat on top of the driver's side floor - the one thing I always missed was the nicely engraved mats that are in most cars (they are hidden by the EP - oh sure, you can mask around it, but then it looks like the mat is below the top of the carpet). Where did you get yours?

The mat is just sheet styrene with some texture lines made with the back of a #11 blade. Low tech HAHA.