Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Chevy 210

Monogram makes a "porportionly challenged" 53 Belair 2 door hardtop in 1/24 scale, and Revell makes a "sort of" 53/54 210 2 door sedan that has custom lights and a gasser style chassis that would be a real challenge to build anything close to stock from. The only resin body I know of is a Phantom 54 Nomad wagon.

The Monogram is a 1/24 scale model . It has the prerequisite Stock Wheel Covers . These could

appropriated and be used correctly on the Monogram '53 Vette . The early production Vehicles did not have the proper covers for assembly . The Engine has both stock and Hop-up parts . The tires are absolutely are horrible . I understand you want to build a Stock version . This Bel Air is the only in plastic .

A diecaster sold these in Crude Metal Replicas . Again , not stock , in 1/24 . The colors , ones done in correct factory finish , were right . Enough Said ? I have a bagged FS Monogram '53 Bel Air I would be willing to trade off . Pm me if you want it .

The Revelle '53 / '54 Kit is a good start for a replica . No stock Stovebolt ?? What's that say for Chevvie Enthusiast , ignoring the famous oil spewing/burning Stovebolts ? A big 'ole blown 409 (W-Block) is the Power for this . No stock wheels . Raised suspension , drop this , and Both correct Grilles . The engine for a '53 is the same as a (in kits) '37 Coupe and Convertible & '41 Chevy Pick-up . The

Engine for a '54 is the same as the '60 Chevie Pick up . Resins are available too . The Hub Caps for the '53 are the same as the '57 Full Bel Air Covers . Alas not the knock off Option . Just use the middle , "chrome plate as your finances can stand (AlClad) or your favorite method . remove the rest and

raise the middles up as a hubcap with spacers . Probably scratch these .The '54's used something a

little different . I'm not sure what these look like . I am looking this up yet .

I've done my homwork and have one of each WIP along with others . These are heapie Cheapies back inthe day .No spinners on the Poverty Caps . I hope this helps .. Thanx ..