Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LTL 9000(update)

I started this truck about two months ago and the it just stalled.

fldm46.jpg

50jlp0.jpg

So I got some resin parts 3406b,tires all around and a lift axle. This jump started it again and I made a headache rack for it.

b96qew.jpg

m27mf.jpg

2ez7fau.jpg

344r43n.jpg

2ir2hs8.jpg

jkx4w0.jpg

Edited by 20dakota04

Great start.I think these things are rugged looking.Glad you took the lug tires off the steering axle.I must disagree about the texas bumper,maybe a "box" bumper like an AMT alaskan hauler KW would look good with the heavy look your going for.All your builds look great,so I'm sure what you build will have the porportions and look.

Kevin

It looks like you are off to a great start. I have one question, though. It looks like in one pic, the front of the cab is tilting forward slightly, are you having problems with the cab and hood lining up correctly, too? I'm building a Ford LTL 9000 currently as well with a custom sleeper, and with the cab taped to the front sleeper wall the way everything is supposed to be lined up, the cab and hood line up perfectly, but the interior does not sit on the frame mounts. If I just have the cab and hood with the interior mounts sitting on the frame, the cab nose dives and does not line up with the hood. Are you having similar problems?

It looks like you are off to a great start. I have one question, though. It looks like in one pic, the front of the cab is tilting forward slightly, are you having problems with the cab and hood lining up correctly, too? I'm building a Ford LTL 9000 currently as well with a custom sleeper, and with the cab taped to the front sleeper wall the way everything is supposed to be lined up, the cab and hood line up perfectly, but the interior does not sit on the frame mounts. If I just have the cab and hood with the interior mounts sitting on the frame, the cab nose dives and does not line up with the hood. Are you having similar problems?

I haven't really messed with the cab and hood yet, sometimes it lines up.

• 2 months later...