Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ive just looked at my DM-600 kit there is nothing about it ? In the instructions that shows the cab it just shows the dog house is this why its not there? .Did they put it somwhere else or did they just leave it out of the instructions but left it in the kit?

dave the dm 600 and the dm 800 are the same cab.the heater box would go in the same place. the dm cabs.were also the same as the mack u models their wasn't much room between the dog house and the heater box. I have a dm600 kit its the model king reissue i'll go check the instructions.

Edited by cappy625

ok just checked my dm 600 kit the model king reissue.your right there is no direction for the heater box.but their is one in the kit.we had dm's in are fleet years ago.and that's where the heaters were always mounted.the heater box don't sit flush with the dash.the front of the heater box will stick out pass the dash a little.so you can go by the instructions for the dm 800 I sent you earlier..hope this helps.

post-6613-0-27015300-1394256903_thumb.jp

post-6613-0-12411900-1394256937_thumb.jp

hello dave I have an update on the heater box for you.the kit has two heater boxes one small one bigger.i never knew that until now.i quickly assembeled both to show you the size difference.the dm 800 has no dog house in it.however with the dm 600 using the doghouse and smaller heater box. it still dos'nt fit right.that might be why they left it out of the instructions.but with a little trimming to the doghouse it should fit just fine.both the mpc and the reissued model king have both heater boxes.the black one in the picture is from the mpc kit.the white one is from the model king.i hope I posted this in time before your final assembly. hope this helps

post-6613-0-10495500-1394309525_thumb.jp

Edited by cappy625

Anthony dont worry I havent got that far just yet . Thanks for the info Ive just found the bigger heater too .I think I will trim the small one to fit . I just have to remove the paint from under the dash front . Would the heater be body color ?

the heater box would be the same color as the interior, in that year mack the interior would have been a light green. plastheniker used the correct green for that vintage of mack.on his f model day cab in the under glass section.

Edited by cappy625