Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bedford Recovery Truck (Emhar 1/24)

Hello colleagues. Just today I finished another model from Emhar , Bedford Truck Recovery . As for the color and placement of Decals is according to my decision . Color range is also invented because manual prescribes a two-color scheme ( ivory and red), for this decals. I tried to make also some weathering and to apply some dust . The colors used are from Ivat , so as 2K topcoat paint . Decals are under topcat. It is not some extra well built of this model. but I am pleased . Parts gets together well, I saw any problems. Problems canbe by assembling these parts: grille - hood - cab. But here it is well.

rtqf4y.jpg

11j3r5j.jpg

23vcpp1.jpg

11m6a1d.jpg

vyvas2.jpg

id7gh0.jpg

rbcime.jpg

243jev5.jpg

2jw2nq.jpg

2myt9vl.jpg

Now that is beautiful. All you need is an appropriate back ground and right photography and no one will be able to tell if this is a model. Can you please share the link to your build and is this a resin kit or scratch build with kit bashing? TIA

Mike

Thanx to all. To Mike: Yeah it is normal plastic kit. This is OOB (OUT OF BOX) built. The producer is Emhar and scale is 1/24. Here in Europe cost this about 56 Euros. There are four types of Bedfords - recovery, tanker, dropside and tipper in this group. Also there are more combinations of each type. There are few version of decals in the box.I think you can buy it at your local shops or on some eshops (evilbay...). It is not hot product. Unfortunately I have no time to make more photos to workbench. But I prepared my own website (no forum). Over there will be more photos from my all projects. So as many cars (U.S. and Japan), Eurotrucks also.

Pavel, this is one of the best weatherings I have ever seen. An old and neglected European workhorse would look exactly like this. Everything (dirt/dust, rust, faded paint and lettering) looks real because nothing (as seen so often) is overdone. It looks as if your model would need a tow truck itself very soon.

I wonder what the owner and the driver look like ...

This:

tmf24053a.jpgimage00553a.jpg

Pop along and buy them from Mike at Scaleproduction.de. They're only €8 a pop, and he's got some of the best and most characterful 1/24 scale figures I've ever come across... They'll look great with the truck, especially if you "weather" them as well... ;-P

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon