Model Cars Magazine Forum

R.I.P. Tom Setzer

Casey

I didn't know Tom Setzer of Jacksonville, Florida personally, but I followed a few of his build topics, and I'm sure a few of us remember him mentioning he lost his house to a fire a few months ago. While doing some searching tonight I looked at his profile page and noticed this had been posted:

Tom Setzer passed away Sunday 12/30/12 at orange park Med Center in Florida. Thank you for talking with him near the end of his illness.

We rarely get a chance to put a face to a screen name, but I found this video which showed what a difficult time Tom and his family were going through after the fire:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/onyourside/article/264166/9/Jacksonville-couple-in-dispute-with-insurance-company-over-claim

-_-

To deal with such hardship... is heartbreaking. His name I recognize, but I did not know him. His journey here may be done, but it sounds like he had many friends and admirers. RIP Mr. Setzer.

TomSetzer-TEMP.jpg

Edited by Jon Cole

interesting how perception can differ from reality. saw his posts after the fire and sensed his need for something to divert his worry and pain. he seemed to know period hot rods, so i tried to entice him to start a Q&A specifically aimed at flathead engines. it didn't really grow wings, but posters tried to let him know there was much he could offer.

sorry story, especially from someone who gave so much.

RIP