Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Camaro Pro Mod...5.3.12

hOLMS

Chop, cut, rebuild....repeat. Back at it with a few more updates. Jim, I'm leaning towards a Nitrous setup, not sure yet. Thanks for looking!

1) Top has been chopped 1mm in rear and 1.5mm in front so it will angle down a bit, think it matches the profile for this body mod

2) Remade A-pillars with a very slight arc, wanted to go with more arc, this is what i came up with

3) Nose has been lengthened 2.5mm, added about 1/3 of the way from lights to frt wheels

4) Filled in opening in hood and started defining the rear bumper

5) Did some filling/smoothing/priming, and of course more sanding

Some of the next items will be fine-tuning the nose, rear, fenderwell shape and hood-bulge. Once all that is close, I'll start adding a bit of flaring around bottom and inside of fenders.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

2010CPMb4aft.jpg

Thanks so much for the comments guys, great motivation....been able to do a little bit more, just love doing this stuff. Taking a break after this body to build something finished, just a "plain ole dragster", maybe a '55 chevy??

Couple more mods

1) One grill half is in, light filling/sanding to go on it for that smooth one-pc look

2) Rear Bumper has been extended 2mm, more blending to go

3) Cut old C-pillars at their base, then narrowed rear 4mm

4) Reworked window area, from door line to C-Pillar start, going for that curve from headlights all the way to door line, then the rear fender curve.

4) After rear back together, replaced left C-pillar and pushed out 2mm towards side of car, lowered back of top 1mm more.

Next mods on the list...fine-tune proportions, smooth over rear end, more filling/sanding/smoothing and see where it stands, change from a 2010 to a 2012, thanks for looking!

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

2010cpmb4aft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys....I had some trouble, for the good, I think? Well, I was moving right along with more front end work and managed to drop one of my steel plates on the nose, last count was broke into 6 different pcs, about as many sub-assy's as it took to make it. Bummer, goodbye Camaro!!! I'll try another one sometime?

So, instead of giving up, a friend emailed me a cool pic of a prototype 2012 Trans-Am production ride...guess you know where I'm going with this, he, he, he. New nose, new rear window area and new top from about halfway back. All of this is based on the 1978 T/A, and yes, I think it will be the "Blackbird" paint job!! The cool thing is I've never seen the 2012 T/A proto as a Pro-Mod, so I hope I'm the first....lol.

Hope you like it, planning some more work this evening....reducing headlight opening size, fenderwell flaring, light spoiler on the sides and doing something with the hood.

IMG_0387.jpg

b4aft-back.jpg

b4aft-nose.jpg

b4aft-sideprofile.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello All....

I must be twisted....I'm back to the Camaro again, could not let it go. Many more mods have been made, quite different than when it was a Camaro 1st go-around and completely different that where it was heading as a T/A. Hope you enjoy and hope I can stay on track to make this one bad, bad 2012 Camaro PM master. Thanks.

2012-C1.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg