Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/Ertl Pro Shop 1/6 57 Corvette Fuel Injected Small Block Chevrolet Engine

Toner283

I know this isn't a model car kit specifically but I think it falls into this category so I put this review here. Hopefully you folks get some info & enjoyment out of it & the pics.

AMT Ertl makes an awesome 1/6 scale Pro Shop small block Chevy engine. It has been out of production for a few years now but still can be found at model meets and regularily comes up on evilbay. It comes with photo etch parts, rubber wires, hoses, belts, springs and many many small detail parts. It is much more detailed than the old visible v8 or any of the die cast 1/6 engine kits available.

It includes all of the internal engine parts that an actual small block chevrolet engine has. It is styrene plastic just like a normal model kit so you can paint it and detail it just like a regular kit. If you build it correctly it can also be partially disassembled after being built so that you can display it apart to show the internal working components. It does take a lot of time, care, and patience to build it correctly so that it will operate after the fact, but it is worth it in the end if you have the patience to make it work.

It is available in the regular injection molded plastic and AMT Ertl also put it out available with the engine block and cylinder heads and most main components molded in clear plastic as well so that you can see the internal components move without taking it apart. The internals for this version are molded in regular styrene IIRC? The clear plastic version is fairly scarce but it is out there if you search. Parts pics below.

AMTEnginePartsPics001.jpg

AMTEnginePartsPics022.jpg

AMTEnginePartsPics023.jpg

AMTEnginePartsPics048.jpg

AMTEnginePartsPics017.jpg

AMTEnginePartsPics009.jpg

So that's what's inside those two boxes way up high on my shelf. I've got one of each in the stash. Here's hopin' they get that Lindberg see through Flat head done.

visible-59.jpg

http://www.krick-modell.de/Endkunden/92218%20Lindberg-Hawk%20Katalog%202009.pdf

Ya like clear model engines ? Check these out: http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/visible-engines.htm ;)

• 2 weeks later...