Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Camaro Promod body

Rom, progress is looking good but if you don't mind I'd like to add some critique. Specifically in regards to the front lines. What you have done with the front end is a bit chunky, especially when you look at the depth from the top of the wheelwell to the top of the fender. Adding more down slope of the front end lends to a sleaker look and more of a wedge shape to the overall body profile. If I'm jumping the gun then excuse my perspective and please continue on your path. Can't wait to see more.

Rom, progress is looking good but if you don't mind I'd like to add some critique. Specifically in regards to the front lines. What you have done with the front end is a bit chunky, especially when you look at the depth from the top of the wheelwell to the top of the fender. Adding more down slope of the front end lends to a sleaker look and more of a wedge shape to the overall body profile. If I'm jumping the gun then excuse my perspective and please continue on your path. Can't wait to see more.

Hey Wayne I totally agree with you, although I have sloped the front end slightly I'll be taking a lil more out today I just had to get the front end solid enough to cut it again. Thanks for your observation I appreciate all the insight you have.

Rom - you must have 4 arms and hands. I can't possibly juggle as many things at one time as you can.

Between your modeling and graphic arts endeavors, you can't be a real human being.

Looking good once again! And I agree about the front end. Glad you're taking it down a notch. It looked like too much body above the front wheel wells.

What brand of putty are you using?

What's this engine going to be? Turbo maybe?

Rom - you must have 4 arms and hands. I can't possibly juggle as many things at one time as you can.

Between your modeling and graphic arts endeavors, you can't be a real human being.

Looking good once again! And I agree about the front end. Glad you're taking it down a notch. It looked like too much body above the front wheel wells.

What brand of putty are you using?

What's this engine going to be? Turbo maybe?

Ted I wish I had an extra set of hands LOL! Im using bondo on this one, and the motor will be one of my Nitrous motors. This is the body Im building for your website by the way. Thanks for you compliments buddy.

Heres where the body is now that i have the front end slimmed up a bit, and I added the hood scoop, looks about right now ..... I just have to smooth everything out and get it to the mold man!

bodycloser001.jpg

bodycloser003.jpg

bodycloser002.jpg

bodycloser005.jpg

I hope you enjoyed.... B)

Edited by Romell R

Rom not sure if you are building the 1:1 Nobi car or a "What If" want type car if it was more boxy like the 69 camaro. If you are shootin for the 2012 Nobi car, you will need to remove the bottom wedge you added. these cars don't run a wedge, and they are very squatty. That rear quarter needs to be really narrowed. Do you plan on putting the hood curvature back?

Not sure if you made the changes Wayne, was speaking of, but my suggestion is to section the car. Remove the wedge from the bottom because these cars don't run a rake. Section the car from from to back and the bottom of the front chin and add back. the top portion of your grille, it's to short..

Rom not sure if you are building the 1:1 Nobi car or a "What If" want type car if it was more boxy like the 69 camaro. If you are shootin for the 2012 Nobi car, you will need to remove the bottom wedge you added. these cars don't run a wedge, and they are very squatty. That rear quarter needs to be really narrowed. Do you plan on putting the hood curvature back?

Not sure if you made the changes Wayne, was speaking of, but my suggestion is to section the car. Remove the wedge from the bottom because these cars don't run a rake. Section the car from from to back and the bottom of the front chin and add back. the top portion of your grille, it's to short..

I appreciate the input Bart but im gonna leave it the way it is because it will be for sale as a resin cast and some may want to chop and channel their own cars I used the An-Anabi car specs just to get me in the ball park. Im making this one with the buyer in mind.

I appreciate the input Bart but im gonna leave it the way it is because it will be for sale as a resin cast and some may want to chop and channel their own cars I used the An-Anabi car specs just to get me in the ball park. Im making this one with the buyer in mind.

Wouldn't it benefit the buyers more if you made something that could be used "as is" instead of a one-of-a-kind fantasy or custom that is not prototypical of any actual real car?

If you have the specs to the An-Anabi car, why not use them to make a correct replica? You are going through all this effort, seems like making a real replica would be more saleable. To me that is more in line with "having the buyer in mind". Just a thought...

Wouldn't it benefit the buyers more if you made something that could be used "as is" instead of a one-of-a-kind fantasy or custom that is not prototypical of any actual real car?

If you have the specs to the An-Anabi car, why not use them to make a correct replica? You are going through all this effort, seems like making a real replica would be more saleable. To me that is more in line with "having the buyer in mind". Just a thought...

thought taken into consideration.....nah! im gonna leave it like it is because some may want the rake that most ProMods body have, and it would be easier for one to remove the rake with a dremel or razor saw , than it would be for one to add the rake later and have to do exstensive body work. Edited by Romell R

Heres some progress pics for ya .....

The body has been primed for reference so I can see what still needs to be done. Theres some slight dips that need to be filled but that'll be taken care of tomarrow. I still have to sharpen the hood lines. Then all I 'll have to do is rescribe the door and hood lines. I hope you enjoy!

Oh and Bart I did take your advice and add the hood bulge back in thanks buddy! B)

bodyprimed001.jpg

bodyprimed002.jpg

bodyprimed003.jpg

bodyprimed004.jpg

Edited by Romell R