Model Cars Magazine Forum

my first model 1955 pro street chevy

silverdreamss

its was a gift and i hadnt built anything in many years i used to paint little war hammer men and in high school for fun and never even learned how to play the game lol i am a car guy got this as a xmass gag gift and figured why not and went after it i didnt get to crazy and went box stock other than the decals are from a nascar

i faded the paint from top to bottom with rattle cans only using some metal style purple for the top into black on the bottom and like i said only thing not box stock was the decals thought about adding wiring ect but it was the first one and when i finished i put it up and was hooked and went for a new kit right away that is a 70 chevelle in the workbench section that i took all i dint like from this one and applyed to the next one i wired the chevelle and thought about going back into this one and cleaning it up some more paint wise and wiring it but it was the first and i want to show my progression so im leaving it the way i made it at the time as i will do with all my cars to show progression DSCF0700.jpgDSCF0701.jpgDSCF0702.jpgDSCF0703.jpgDSCF0704.jpgDSCF0706.jpgDSCF0710.jpgDSCF0711.jpgDSCF0712.jpgDSCF0714.jpg

That's very nice, especially for your first one! The Faded Paint Job turned out fantastic, I have never tried it, but it can't be easy to do. I like the look of it without the Scoop on the hood, looks "Not So Professional" Drag Car.

Minor thing - it is not Pro Street. Pro Street is a car that can be driven on the street, but this one has Racing tires, Engine and full Tube chassis. So it's more like Pro Sportsman, as the box says. ;)

i want to show my progression so im leaving it the way i made it at the time

worshippy.gifthumbup.gifB)

thank you it was fun its not perfect by any means but it was truely my first car modle and my first paint job in many years like i said i painted the warhammer little army men for fun about 8 years ago and took many art classes in high school and what not but havent done anything then picked this up ....i did repaint the body like 3 or 4 times to get the fade the way i liked it it started out all purple and i didnt like it then went black and it was all too dark with no contrast so i pained it all purple and while the paint was wet i fadde the bottom following the body lines it was done with a simple rattle can thats it i dont have an air brush but im in the market for one its just i dont know what to buy and ive never used one so i dont want to spend 100 bucks and break it right away i wish i could try one out before i bought it and see if its something i could handle

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD AIRBRUSH FOR A FIRST TIMER ?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SINGLE AND DOUBLE ACTION?

AND WHAT SHOULD I PAY FOR ONE ?

DO THEY USE ACRILIC PAINT NOT TESTORS OR MODEL MASTERS PAINT THAT IVE BEEN USING?

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD REASONABLE SET UP TO BUY FOR A FIRST TIMER THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO GROW WITH IT AS I AM REALLY STARTING TO GET FRUSTRATED WITH THE RATTLE CAN I CANT GET THE DETAIL I WANT AND TAPING IS REALLY GETTING HARD ON THE SMALL STUFF WITH RATTLE CAN ANY AIRBRUSH HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANX GUYS ON THE COMMENTS THIS WAS A FUN BUILD AND I AM DOING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN THE MORE I BUILD THE BETTER THEY COME OUT ON A ":CARS IVE HAD IN THE PAST" KICK RIGHT NOW THANKS AGAIN