Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Dino 246 GT & Ferrari 512 TR

krishna.iskandana

Hello again guys,

I must admit that 2013 model building started a bit late for me, as I just started building kits again in late February.

I just recently completed two ferraris, both of them are from Fujimi. The dino was spraypainted with tamiya yellow and then clearcoated with gloss clear from mr hobby, meanwhile the 512TR was spraypainted with tamiya metallic blue and also clearcoated with gloss clear.

Both of the were built oob, as I just wanted to sync myself into building model kits again after hibernating for quite some time.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Best Regards

Krishna Iskandana

Perth,Western Australia

The Dino 246 GT

FerrariDino246GT3.jpg

FerrariDino246GT5.jpg

FerrariDino246GT7.jpg

FerrariDino246GT9.jpg

FerrariDino246GT2.jpg

The 512TR

Ferrari512TR3.jpg

Ferrari512TR5.jpg

Ferrari512TR6.jpg

Ferrari512TR9.jpg

Ferrari512TR.jpg

Oh, you're SOOO out of practice...

;-P

They look great. The Dino is my favorite -- it's one of my top most-wanted cars, and I love it in yellow, which is what mine will be when I get round to building it. I'm not so convinced by the metallic blue on the TR (personal taste, I'm sure), but the build looks excellent. My only nit-pick is that there looks to be a bit of a gap where the dash fits to the coaming and at the undernose panel on the Dino. I've heard that there's some tricky assembly there, and that the chassis doesn't fit in if you build the body up as one piece, though, so it may be there's no alternative...

Good stuff!

bestest,

M.

Oh, you're SOOO out of practice...

;-P

They look great. The Dino is my favorite -- it's one of my top most-wanted cars, and I love it in yellow, which is what mine will be when I get round to building it. I'm not so convinced by the metallic blue on the TR (personal taste, I'm sure), but the build looks excellent. My only nit-pick is that there looks to be a bit of a gap where the dash fits to the coaming and at the undernose panel on the Dino. I've heard that there's some tricky assembly there, and that the chassis doesn't fit in if you build the body up as one piece, though, so it may be there's no alternative...

Good stuff!

bestest,

M.

Thanks for your kind comments guys.

The fitment and the assembly was indeed very tricky on the Dino, I was expecting that the body would sit lower after the body was assembled to the chassis, but apparently not.

Regards

Krishna Iskandana