Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 `85 Iroc Z Finished!

Hawk312

That's excellent looking Camaro. Just what I've been planning to my first 1:1 car. It could pass real car, if photographed on asphalt road or something like that. I can't believe how someone can make that nice paint jobs, too! I've been polishing my '57 Chrysler today for long time, and it still looks like matte finish if compared to this one. :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

David, I had to come back and look at this build...I just bought one on eBay today for $108. It's opened and it was started a little but was disassembled and bagged up. I can't wait to get this! Yours is my inspiration, even though I don't have the first clue as to what colors and such I wanna do.

Thanks everyone!

David, I had to come back and look at this build...I just bought one on eBay today for $108. It's opened and it was started a little but was disassembled and bagged up. I can't wait to get this! Yours is my inspiration, even though I don't have the first clue as to what colors and such I wanna do.

Thanks Brodie. It sounds like you got a good buy. I wish they would re-release some of these old big 1/8 kits.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Brian! You had an `85 Firebird? What colors/options? I am actually restoring an `85 Trans Am that I am trying to get to look like the `86 I had just out of high school.

This model was actually really close to an Iroc I almost bought back in the day. Back then, we all thought they were so fast, even at 205hp. :D How I miss the `80`s! :(

dave,

my firebird was Brown (of all colors) with brown interior.....it had the injected v8 in it, t tops, it had every option that a trans am had, it just didnt say trans am on it, and didnt have the bird on the hood. or the scoops in the hood. pwr windws, locks, tilt, cruise, a/c, cloth interior tho, no leather.

i bought it in 88, it was wrecked (light damage) i had all the body work done, it was in primer, ready for paint and some dummy hit me at the local pizza shop! i was so dang mad! grrrr! he ended up givin me 2 grand in cash, and i fixed it again and finally painted it. i made out pretty good, he only did about 500 bucks worth of damage.he gave me all that because his son was driving and his license was suspended for a dui/dwi, so he didnt want any trouble....

i drove it for a while and then sold it, i wish i had pics of it!

cheers

bryan m

• 3 years later...