Model Cars Magazine Forum

1947 Ford Coupe "Gu Hun"

carsntrucks4you

Hi,

this is one of my current projects. I saw this car in an older Rod&Kulture issue.

stories_issues005-guhun.jpg

I want to build a replica of this old drag car. I started with a junker, an IMC Ford Coupe, that I had bought several years ago.

Here the first pictures

gu%20hun%20car%201.jpg

gu%20hun%20car%205.jpg

0.118 " lifed front axle, 0.118" lowered rear axle

gu%20hun%20car%204.jpg

At the left Olds engine with Ford transmission, right the kit engine

gu%20hun%20car%203.jpg

Roll bar

gu%20hun%20car%202.jpg

Drilled frame

One thing you may want to know, the drag car on the R&K magazine is a business coupe, and the model kit is a club coupe. The business coupe was a 2 seater car, with shorter doors (used the same door as a 4 door sedans front doors), and the club coupe had linger doors (same as a 2 door sedans doors). If you want, I have a spare 1:1 business coupe door here I can measure the length of, if you wish to go through moving the pillar, and relocating the pannel line. But really, its a completely different roofline all together. Perry's resin does sell a nice (at least it looks nice on their site) business coupe based on the R-M convertable kit.

But if you need any reference photo's or measurement, i have a 47 business coupe (its at the interior shop now, but i can measure stuff when I go to visit it), Im happy to help give you reference material.

Hi Chad,

yes Iknow that this is a Business Coupe. QWas thinking about to convert it from a Club Coupe to a Business Coupe, but I'm to lazy for a major rebuild of the roof, doors and rear window. . And I didn't have any idea about the dimentions. I had a look into your album and I still don't want to convert it, because of the roof. The body is now glued together. Thanks for offer to measure your car.

But when I'm thinking about your chopped car! This could be an other project.