Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saw this New Visible V-8 model @ LHS

Greg Myers

That's hot!

I loved the Visible V-8 I built as a pre-teen . . . and I learned a lot about the operation of a car's engine.

It's great to see the concept updated, especially since the original VV8 is such a dated design.

Looks like a Ford Romeo- or at least based on that?

Cool!

There's also a 4-cylinder if that's your preference. http://www.amazon.com/Haynes-Build-Internal-Combustion-Engine/dp/B006H4JEQO/ref=pd_sim_t_1/189-8515608-5956524?ie=UTF8&refRID=14RSHPCPPD4V8FZQGB0W

Charlie Larkin

The reviews on the four cylinder aren't very good though.

The reviews on the four cylinder aren't very good though.

I think the assembler might have to be taken into account too. If your assembling this as an educational tool, that means you need education in using tools and following instructions also. I wouldn't take a negative review as the final word.

Heads get screwed to deck means more compression :D

oh lets pray at the altar of the mighty hi compression piston and insanely large cam

what sweet music LMAO :blink::P

Now where is my dial indicator kit and torque wrench

Michael

Screws/Bolts Together! HEY Aftermarket, how's about some Bolt On Speed Equipment!, Turbo's, Supercharger, Duel Quads, Webers, Headers, etc. Just think of it, a Dynamic Display Kit. Getting tired of the Stock Engine add a Supercharger. Bored with that, how's 'bout Webers!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow…. way cool! Nice to see a new take on an old idea. The overhead cam is a nice contemporary update even though the engine is as basic & generic as can be. This is a good instructional aid.

Nice find, thanks for sharing!

Technically it is a cam in head, as it has rockers. Overhead cam engines usually do not have rocker arms. I know, it confuses me too.

Edited by lordairgtar