Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barrett Jackson Auction Begin Today!

Barrett-Jackson is live on broadcast Fox tomorrow at 3:00 ET. Who would have ever thought that car auctions would be shown live on regular broadcast TV?

Unfortunately it is up to each station to decide . . . the local Fox affiliate here in Tampa decided to run infomercials instead of the auction ! :angry:

Rob, when you go back tomorrow, can you find out what the AMF/Wen-Mac Mustang, lot 5420, sold for? The B-J website has lost the info.

Lot 5424, the Delco shock demonstrator with the two '63 Chevy promos, sold for $575.00.

Saw it from distance in a display case yesterday, don't know what it went for. Staying home today to watch the NFL playoffs.

Went back yesterday to see the cars outside and watch some of the auction..a highlight of the day for me was standing in front of the 1998 Ferrari F1 car outside and hearing it start up...

Edited by Rob Hall

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw a '66 Barracuda factory prepped drag car with a 426ci hemi in it on Barrett-Jackson. I didn't think that the factory (Plymouth/Dodge) put 426's in any A-bodies until '68? Does anyone know? Seems like an incredible feat fitting that engine in a first generation A-body.

Thanks.

Edited by Speedfreak

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw a '66 Barracuda factory prepped drag car with a 426ci hemi in it on Barrett-Jackson. I didn't think that the factory (Plymouth/Dodge) put 426's in any A-bodies until '68? Does anyone know? Seems like an incredible feat fitting that engine in a first generation A-body.

Thanks.

Hmm... I saw the Sox & Martin '68 Hemi Barracuda, don't recall seeing a '66 there.

Edit: checked the catalog, there was no '66 Hemi Barracuda listed..he probably is thinking of the '68 Sox & Martin Barracuda..

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5017&aid=525

Edited by Rob Hall

Rob, when you go back tomorrow, can you find out what the AMF/Wen-Mac Mustang, lot 5420, sold for? The B-J website has lost the info.

Lot 5424, the Delco shock demonstrator with the two '63 Chevy promos, sold for $575.00.

Looks like it sold for $920.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5420&aid=525&it=3

I've been watching the live Mecum auction in Kissimee on Esquire TV at the same time. While it doesn't have the same number of top-level cars as B-J, the prices seem more down-to-earth -- but there are too many unsold cars with price reserves, and the announcers don't seem to be paying a lot of attention to what's on the block.

Edited by sjordan2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm restoring a 1968 Triumph Daytona motorcycle at the same shop where the Shelby King Cobra was restored. I work at the shop on Saturdays...it was pretty cool to see the progress each week during the process. Impressive to be working alongside a 1.6 million dollar car.

post-13258-0-69387700-1391921761_thumb.j

Edited by mrindy77