Model Cars Magazine Forum

1993 Mark Martin Busch car

Billy Kingsley

Here's one of the 8 models I polished off this week. Probably the best results, of them all. They go a lot quicker when they were half done previously, I might add.

I decaled this car more then a year ago, possibly back in 07, when I started the chassis. The decals are Blue Ridge and as to be expected they had some issues-I had to do some touching up on all three major colors. (In case anyone wishes to do this car in the future- Testors Light Yellow matches the decal stripes where the Testors Acrylic red matches the red in the numbers and logos-I used Tamiya flat white to touch up the white portions and it is not a good match) The "Craken' Good" logos were mis printed on both sides of the car. If anybody has a spare set I would like to aquire them somehow.

I used a Davey Allison kit for the body and a Jimmy Spencer McDonald's kit for the chassis. I had to use a different steering wheel, (I lost the red one) and that came from my parts box, originally a DW combo piece. So, the body was molded in black, the interior in red and the steering wheel in white!

Normally I do not build Busch cars of Winston Cup drivers, but this car is kind of special to me, as I had to really hunt for the 1/64 version of this back in the day. I knew it was out there as early as late 1992 but I could not actually find a copy until 1994. I eventually did get both the 1992 and 1993 versions, but whatever cars I have to hunt for usually end up being important cars for me. Kind of odd, yes, but so what!

Enjoy the pictures...

222-vi.jpg

228-vi.jpg

225-vi.jpg

223-vi.jpg

224-vi.jpg

226-vi.jpg

227-vi.jpg

230-vi.jpg

229-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hang on to your hat Chris, I am about ready to post all but one of them (it does not meet my standards-it's on my Fotki though, 2006 Jeff Green)

I was working on posting them all when a major thunderstorm rolled through and I decided to turn off and unplug my computer, I didn't want it to get fried after 2 hours worth of surfing!!

All of your build look real good.Keep plugging away and remember it's a hobby that is meant to be taken lightly. You keep improving with every build I see. There is plenty of know how on here to assist you in any thing you get hung up on. If I can help you in any way just hit me up. I will be glad to help. Keep cranking out the good work!