Model Cars Magazine Forum

British tri chev gassers - anyone interested?

Andrew

Hi,

I'm from England and know there are quite a few others on here too. I have started a model of a well known British gasser called Roarin' Rat using the Revell kit

003.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

It will have MCG etch and various other aftermarket parts but I was going to have to have the decals custom made. However, another member of British rodding forum http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/ , has contacted decals by Lucas with a view to producing these decals and also those of other British tri chevs such as Super Pumpkin, Honky tonkin' and Green Onions and there seems to be a chance if we can gauge the interest.

Obviously, as these are British cars I don't know if any of the American builders on here know of these cars or indeed would be interested in building models of them?

Thanks for posting Andrew. Yup, I'm the guy that contacted Rick of decals by Lucas.

Here's 1 of the other 57's Super Pumpkin (not the best pic) A famous car that raced in the 70's in the UK. Was very quick, running 10's back then.

I'm having trouble loading the other pics due to not having image hosting. Maybe Andrew can help me out, until I get it sorted.

post-6734-0-39848600-1319208637_thumb.jp

Nice one Steve! To post more than one pic, just copy and paste each img code

gassers_1024.jpg

CHRR2007_exh_112_kap.jpg

Steve will point Lucas at these posts to hopefully encourage him to produce the decals. He has got the permission of the car owners and if anyone wants to build these cars, I'm sure we can supply information and photos for reference

Edited by Andrew

You guys SURE these are Brit cars???? They look JUST like the ones we have HERE! Heck this looks like bleachers at the old Detroit Dragway!!! GREAT lookin cars, even if they are across the pond!!! THANKS for postin them!!! :D:);)

George, your right ! Well, about Honky Tonkin anyway.

A few years ago the guys that then owned it, was invited to ship the car over & run in the US. Guess thats 1 of the pics.

The car is now run street legal, more or less how you see it in that pic. Red windows & all !

The other cars are pictured in the UK. I have many pics & owner info on all these 4 cars. As Andrew says, if anybody wants info, I'll be more than happy to provide it.

A big thanks has to go to Rick Lucus.

Now, who wants to build a US / UK Tri Chevy ????

I managed to find a few pics of this car that i took at dragstalgia this year

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

I think ive got a few more from an event i went to at shakey a few years ago.

As for your decals, I am not trying to take buisness off people but i use a guy in the UK called Chris Moxham. He's made several sets of decals for in the past for model trucks that ive built and couple of drag racing projects.

Here is an example of the work hes done for me

timewarpfunnycar002.jpg

He can be contacted at www.cbtransfers.co.uk He is not the cheapest around but you get what you pay for and his work is top notch

• 3 years later...

WOW where has the last 3 years gone, but a great update to this thread.

Jeff at Firebird Designs is now producing decal sheets for the 57 Chevy Super Pumpkin & the 55 Chevy Green Onions :)

Both are available from his web store.

Who's gonna be first to start a build . . . . . . ??

(Green Onions pic to follow)

post-6734-0-35497300-1420566570_thumb.jp

Edited by 57peppershaker

The Green Onions 55 is one of the cars that runs in the UK Drag racers Gasser Circus. Along with Roarin Rat & another 55 called Crowd Pleaser.

I'll post more pics of Green Onions as soon as I get them from Ray (the owner / driver) if anybody wants more details ?

I've got an AMT 55 in my stash ready to start, just trying to find some time. Anybody else want to build a UK Tri Chevy ?