Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Builders Of Florida

I do believe this is/was the right direction to take (if my suggestion was of help, it makes me happy); both online and as a satellite set-up. A once-yearly gathering in one fairly central location could still work (think 'Sunshine and Citrus NNL') if you can get enough lead-time and co-alition for the time/place. I will continue to moniter this, as home (Florida) is in my future.

Been playing with my graphics program, showed Doug what I did, and he asked that I post what might become the Model Car Builders of Florida logo. What do you think?

FLAcard.jpg

We could also use it for membership cards. My LHS, Rob's Hobby World in Ocala, will give a 10% discount to club members.

Model Car Builders of Florida - Tuesday, October 19, 2010 meeting at Kelly's, 794 West Minneola Ave., Clermont, FL 34711. What time Doug??

That's a 70 mile one way drive but it's going to be worth it. Niko from Finland is coming to FLA and I invited him to the meeting. Wouldn't it be something if he showed?

Now it's POOL TIME!!

Been playing with my graphics program, showed Doug what I did, and he asked that I post what might become the Model Car Builders of Florida logo. What do you think?

FLAcard.jpg

We could also use it for membership cards. My LHS, Rob's Hobby World in Ocala, will give a 10% discount to club members.

Model Car Builders of Florida - Tuesday, October 19, 2010 meeting at Kelly's, 794 West Minneola Ave., Clermont, FL 34711. What time Doug??

That's a 70 mile one way drive but it's going to be worth it. Niko from Finland is coming to FLA and I invited him to the meeting. Wouldn't it be something if he showed?

Now it's POOL TIME!!

2:30 pm. Thanks all, Doug

Looks to me like you guys are bound determined to make this thing work. That being said, if large scale (also) is cool with everyone I'm in. I don't do much of anything under 1/12th. I've met Jim and he's a great guy, I can't guarantee that I can make all the meetings and I'm not real fond of face-book.

I'm the assistant administrator at Scale Motorcars and one of the partners in TDR innovations. I'm also a sales rep. and artist with American Classic Motor Cars (1:1) in Ocala.

I'll do my best to support your endeavor and help whenever I can if you want me as a member. I'm supposed to be retired but I can't seem to make that work...it's far too boring.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

We're out of the pool - felt good with 89 degree water. Thank you VA for the money to buy a heater.

2:30 it is, Doug. This is gonna be cool. I'll probably be wearing a tye dye T-shirt and driving a white Nissan Frontier with purple flames on the box.

It's going to work, Don. Come on out and be part of it.

The potential logo - if/when it agreed on, could also be our membership cards. I'd be happy to make the coupe & lettering almost any color you want and put your name, expiration date and snail mail them to you. I might even laminate them for you.

Can you tell I'm excited about this club?

Kelly's have crinkle cut french fries? I have a taste for them.

Looks to me like you guys are bound determined to make this thing work. That being said, if large scale (also) is cool with everyone I'm in. I don't do much of anything under 1/12th. I've met Jim and he's a great guy, I can't guarantee that I can make all the meetings and I'm not real fond of face-book.

I'm the assistant administrator at Scale Motorcars and one of the partners in TDR innovations. I'm also a sales rep. and artist with American Classic Motor Cars (1:1) in Ocala.

I'll do my best to support your endeavor and help whenever I can if you want me as a member. I'm supposed to be retired but I can't seem to make that work...it's far too boring.

Facebook is a good tool to get the word out to younger builders who use social networks. We use a facebook page for our racing organization as the guys active are in that age crowd. All scale welcome, I always felt the larger the scale the more detailed you could get!!

I definately plan on trying to be a part of this. I think it's a great idea to get something organized around these parts. I was unable to even try and plan to make this meeting but with enough lead time maybe the next one. Any update as to how today went and how many people attended?

There were just two - Doug and myself. It was great meeting Doug and we discussed forming a new club.

Since FLA is spread out, we thought the best plan would be to get people in the different regions to help spread the word to get people to join in their local area. Get the word out via email, Facebook, MCM forum, SA forum, fliers in hobby shops with a name and email, 1:1 car shows & racing, model car shows, etc.

The regions would then set a date/time for an annual meeting in a central location.

I can easily supply everyone with a jpeg file that you can print and get posted and can also make you a membership card through email. Send me a PM if you want one.

There will no annual dues until we are firmly organized.

Doug is friends with Big Daddy Don Garlits and will look into a meet & greet at Don's museum in Ocala and also some table space for us when Don has a show.

• 5 months later...