Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I've long thought about doing a Canadian early 60s "Plodge".

The Canadian combinations of some of the Dodge & Plymouth "hybrids" from that era were quite interesting.

The 1961 Dodge Super D 500 was a Dodge body with a Plymouth front clip & interior.

Very cool! ^_^

Steve

Interesting,you should absolutely do it if you have the donors avaliable. Takes rare to a whole new level ;)

I read somewhere these cars sold so bad they exported a lot of the stuff to Mexico and Canada,but then again,should not belive

everything i read. I`m not familiar with all the canadian built cars,only some tacky Fords,57 with way to much chrome.

The Canadian combinations of some of the Dodge & Plymouth "hybrids" from that era were quite interesting.

The 1961 Dodge Super D 500 was a Dodge body with a Plymouth front clip & interior.

Very cool! ^_^

Steve

Garlick2.jpg1961+DODGE+Super+D+500+-+Rear+Left+View.

Sad to say, but Mopar Magazine covered the above car a few years back now. Maybe even 10 years ago. The above car is a fake. Chrysler did not built it that way. Up until 1959 Dodge of Canada offer models that were Plymouths with Dodge front clips. With advent of the full-size Darts in 1960, Chrysler quit this practice. No more Ploges. The '60 and '61 Darts were the basically the same on both side of the border. With the exception of the dash board. '60 and '61 Darts north of the border came with Plymouth dash boards.

From what I remember, the guy who built the above car claimed it was a "special prototype" or something like that. Mopar experts who have seen the car could tell it was a fake. And not something put together by Chrysler in one of their factories.

R. Scott Aho

Sad to say, but Mopar Magazine covered the above car a few years back now. Maybe even 10 years ago. The above car is a fake. Chrysler did not built it that way. Up until 1959 Dodge of Canada offer models that were Plymouths with Dodge front clips. With advent of the full-size Darts in 1960, Chrysler quit this practice. No more Ploges. The '60 and '61 Darts were the basically the same on both side of the border. With the exception of the dash board. '60 and '61 Darts north of the border came with Plymouth dash boards.

From what I remember, the guy who built the above car claimed it was a "special prototype" or something like that. Mopar experts who have seen the car could tell it was a fake. And not something put together by Chrysler in one of their factories.

R. Scott Aho

Oh well, still a cool looking car.

It would still make a great project.

I guess the kits exist to do one of these instead.

Steve

8078683620_30af609c33_z.jpg

Was not aware of the Canadian versions,this is very cool. The station wagon would be awsome to have. 

Thanks for sharing the info.

you could go to Canada and buy a '67 Pontiac Grand Parisienne with the same front end. Along with the two-door hardtop, you could also get the Grand Parisienne in a four-door hardtop and station wagon.

The last car my father ever bought, a 1967 Pontiac Grande Parisienne purchased in August, 1972.

Very cool! ^_^

Steve

Garlick2.jpg1961+DODGE+Super+D+500+-+Rear+Left+View.

This looks better than either Model ... the style works good here

I got these kits in a trade on the forum.

The 32 caught my eye because it looked like a big block Ford motor that came in the Tall T kit but I couldn't get to fit that model without a lot of cutting.

I wasn't going to start this kit for a while because I'm trying to paint another kit before the really bad weather gets here but now I may try to squeeze this one in also. Once I started the trial fit I got hooked on this one. The motor will fit nice.

Looks like a trip to the auto parts or Michaels to pick a color.

And yet again another bargain from ebay.uk a.............Ford Fooler from 1975!!

1_zpsrms0wsxn.jpg

The instructions are a huge A4 sheet of paper with info on both sides!

The funny bit is though (to me anyway) is that it says that for all chrome parts there is a letter 'C' after the sprue number. But there aren't any chrome parts, but to my joy the whole kit except black hard rubber tyres comes in the brightest yellow you ever did see, my favourite colour!

The five decals, three number 3's and two short white stripes are completely shot!  So I'll hunt through my decal stash to see if I have any I can use!

Edited by PatW

And yet again another bargain from ebay.uk a.............Ford Fooler from 1975!!

1_zpsrms0wsxn.jpg

The instructions are a huge A4 sheet of paper with info on both sides!

The funny bit is though (to me anyway) is that it says that for all chrome parts there is a letter 'C' after the sprue number. But there aren't any chrome parts, but to my joy the whole kit except black hard rubber tyres comes in the brightest yellow you ever did see, my favourite colour!

The five decals, three number 3's and two short white stripes are completely shot!  So I'll hunt through my decal stash to see if I have any I can use!

I'm looking forward to seeing your build of this one!

Just got a sealed AMT 1/43 '48 Ford coupe, mis-listed as a '40 so that must have thrown off any other bidders.

48ford.thumb.jpg.5d582e8c704230e3091b5ad

For under a ten-spot, I figure if Round2 reissues it someday, that's about what it would go for anyhow.

(Handy hint: You can make a quick '42 grille for this kit from the bottom of a '37 Chevy custom grille split lengthwise and a '55 Nomad chrome finned valve cover!)

Shipment from Lucky Model, all in Wrong Scale of 1/35:  Tiger Models IDF Nagmachon, Tamiya AMX-13.  These "modern highway bridge" kits from Phoenix were on sale so I got 2 of them.  Ditto the Phoenix "Baghdad Square," with statue of Saddam on a plinth:

bridge.jpg

The only thing I bought today in all my travels.

http://20161125_131443.jpg

$16.29 is not a bad price. Wish I had known years ago that it is two separate stands. No more taping bodies and parts to paint cans.

Later-

Nice stands and a great purchase tom. Just beware that the top will come off the base if you turn it over. I was not happy when it happened to me. Just tape or glue the two parts together.

AMT '69 Corvair. It was available at a bargain price because it was missing a few parts (stock tires and stock exhaust). The car itself didn't attract me but I bought in case I want to build an entry for the 2017 GSL Group class.

Here are the rules:

This Class is intended to revive and celebrate vintage kits and building styles, and to celebrate the way models were built in the “good old days” by creating a low-key, fun and challenging forum for creative and enthusiastic building.

For GSL-XXVI, the “Group” kit is the 1969 Chevy Corvair. Entries may be built from any original or reissue release of the Round 2/AMT kit, in any style, with the skills and craftsmanship you have today, but using only parts, materials and supplies (except current putties, adhesives and paints) available 35 years ago (1982 or earlier). Entrants may use the newly re-issued Round 2 Corvair engine kit (AMTPP010) if desired. There are just three additional limitations: no one-off machined or photo-etched parts not fabricated entirely by the entrant; no aftermarket products not available in 1982 or earlier; and no resin bodies or resin body parts (regardless of who made these resin parts). Bare Metal Foil may be used.

Fourth through First Place Awards are selected by popular-vote ballot, and announced during the Awards Presentation on Sunday morning. No entry in this Class is eligible for any Master Award. A model entered here may not also be entered in another Class, but a builder may enter any number of 1956 Ford Victoria models in this Class.

http://www.gslchampionship.org/competition-principles/

- - -

What to do, what to do?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...