Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Type 1 Motors

I am the guy casting the rims and actually have a couple more VW rims in the works. Finksgarageresin is my Facebook page. I take PayPal as well.

I plan on doing the motor Bill mastered and have available the end of October first of November along with other VW parts.

Not sure if posting this kind of stuff is ok on here. Please advise, if not I will delete the post.

Thanks

Larry

Edited by Finks Garage

I am the guy casting the rims and actually have a couple more VW rims in the works. Finksgarageresin is my Facebook page. I take PayPal as well.

I plan on doing the motor Bill mastered and have available the end of October first of November along with other VW parts.

Not sure if posting this kind of stuff is ok on here. Please advise, if not I will delete the post.

Thanks

Larry

I have 2 full-detail VW projects in the planning stages and your products would make my builds more realistic for sure. November is just fine… I'll just plan a little more. B)

>Check out Gio at AF forums.

I seem to have misplaced my secret decoder ring. could you clarify please?

and I will be in for at least one of those type 1 motors...how can we get in line? I don't like relying on seeing a post here if I can avoid it.

thanks again

jb

also, I have a question about that PE fin stack set...are the pins holding the piece to the (for lack of a better word) sprue in a place that is highly visible on the finished product? such as the rear (front is front of car) area where the fins really show? or are they more in places that won't be seen when the stack is assembled and in place?

just being lazy...it would sure be nice to not have to finish off every pin location when assembling it.

jb

">Check out Gio at AF forums.

I seem to have misplaced my secret decoder ring. could you clarify please?"

The person that produced the P.E. sets is Gio on the site Automotive forums.com.

after a struggle of epic proportions.... the guy is "gionc"

gdetailfactory

but after reading the thread, it sounds like a real pain in the backside to get a set.

FYI, here's a link to the thread: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=952785

Edited by Bernard Kron

heard from him last night:

>Hi: the cooling fins PE set as well as the regular PE set are both out of stock
>I re-etched them several times, if I meet enough interest I’ll re-stock

seems to me that a previous post had it wrong. unless he just went out of stock a second ago.

jb

Hi Joseph, yes I have in stock the standard PE set, cooling fins are OOS

let me know, Ill accept paypal

regards

gio

this is what I got on 9/23/14 at 4:22 am from him. So I don't know what he is up to. Maybe he only had a couple.

Edited by ferrarijoe

am in the process of possibly having some sets of the cooling fins made up for me to purchase and resell. if anyone is interested, pm me and I will put you on the list for if and when they arrive. I should have 20 or so, I will keep 5 and turn the rest.

jb

am in the process of possibly having some sets of the cooling fins made up for me to purchase and resell. if anyone is interested, pm me and I will put you on the list for if and when they arrive. I should have 20 or so, I will keep 5 and turn the rest.

jb

If your talking about VW cylinder barrels, I'm in for 3 sets. PM sent…..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...