Model Cars Magazine Forum

ANyone Interested in '60's Chevy Truck Boxes?

B) Hey guys - you guys that like old Chevy trucks - I just posted on the Resin forum asking if anyone would buy a 8 foot fleetside box for a '60-66 Chevrolet truck if one could be bought in resin form - or maybe a complete resin kit of a '64-66 long wide box truck. If this tickles your fancy, please post some feedback on that thread - maybe someone will listen and take up the torch and run with it. Thanks.. hope I am not out of form here posting this... :(:(:(

I'm with ya Gary...put up a poll on your thread & we'll see how many members vote. That'll give the casters here an idea of how much demand there is for it.

Now if we can have someone that OWNS an AMT longbox, to try it with the much newer Revell cab (64 shortbox & current release 65 stepside) that are much more obtainable (read inexpensive) than the old AMT trucks...

I'll have to dig it out, I have a conversion project I'm working onvolving the Revell '64 and an original AMT bed. A few things I can point out right off is that 1, the original AMT bed is about 1/8" wider than the Revell cab, and 2, the countours of the lower bedsides are "flatter" than the Revell cab. I have not made any comparisons to new AMT '60 as far as width and contours, but I beleive they match the Revell better than the earlier kit. I'll look into it and post.

I'm thinking that if a caster was to do a conversion, it may be better to make the master from 2 Revell beds than using the old AMT.

I'm thinking that if a caster was to do a conversion, it may be better to make the master from 2 Revell beds than using the old AMT.

I was thinking the same thing...but a poll will still let a caster know if it's worth his time/effort to offer such a part. Would be an easy task I think making the Revell shortbox long...

FWIW - I actually have a '64 ( says so on the rear license plate ) Chevy long box in my collection that I bought off Ebay awhile back. Now if I could find someone to make a mold from that box... I don't know if the truck is a promo or an annual but it definitely has a screw chassis and the hood doesn't open - so I am thinking promo. By the way guys, please post on the poll and add your comments and thoughts as to what you would like to see. :):lol::P

Edited by impcon