Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 10 months later...

good pics,looks like fun .Demo cars would be a great modeling subject

Good... Chevy???? :blink:

I really can't imagine how anybody could get so worked up about it. These things are a dime a dozen! Need a door? There are about fifteen of these things at my local junkyard!

like a rock.......laying in a field motionless

I think Chuck called a code blue cause the heartbeat has stoped

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Chuck: It would be hard to find any Ford pickups of this vintage for demo derby use because they all rusted away to nothing back in the 1990's! And if you did happen to come across one of 'em, it would fold right up anyhow, as badly weakened as it would be by now... That is, if the engine would hold out long enough for it to make it onto the grid! This bad boy ran off the field under it's own power and it's engine is gonna be reused. You say the Chevy is "ON the field, motionless", but that Ford would have halfway dissolved INTO the field by now! :D

Hey Chuck: It would be hard to find any Ford pickups of this vintage for demo derby use because they all rusted away to nothing back in the 1990's! And if you did happen to come across one of 'em, it would fold right up anyhow, as badly weakened as it would be by now... That is, if the engine would hold out long enough for it to make it onto the grid! This bad boy ran off the field under it's own power and it's engine is gonna be reused. You say the Chevy is "ON the field, motionless", but that Ford would have halfway dissolved INTO the field by now! :D

up in NY where I live it's ford country and on a quiet night you can hear the Chevys rusting . Lol

You put the engine in another Chevy truck, enough said! I like all trucks, but the G.M. trucks are my favorite. The only BIG thing I got against the Fords is that crummy "Twin-I-Beam" front axle. They won't stay in alignment and few people are willing to work on them!

• 4 weeks later...