Model Cars Magazine Forum

The C.O.E. Willys never built.

GrandpaMcGurk

Hi guys, didn't feel much like sittin' down at the workbench this morning so I thought I would do a post here in the doodle section for your amusement. As some of you know from other sites I've got a couple of 1/8th body masters in the works for casting. Here's a preview of one of my original sketches, it's mocked up now, but it'll be 2010 before it's cast in fiberglass. Yeah Harry, I could have done the drawing on the 'puter but I'm kinda fond of my pencils and brushes.....it's that ol' fart thing.

mysterytruck.jpg

Best of all, when this is done, I won't have to build another shelf :D I'll just put one of my other 1/8th cars on the back.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

• 2 weeks later...
That's cool!

But it looks like the door handle is about 6 feet off the ground. How do you get in? Air drop? :lol:

Hmmm.... looks like SOMEBODY'S never climbed into a Ford H-series COE! :unsure:

I've seen a 1:1 Willys cabover in a magazine. I think it was Street Rodder, and it seemed like it was about ten years ago or so. I even tried to do one in 1:25 with an AMT kit as the basis, but it didn't end well and I either broke it down for parts or it lives in the deepest, darkest corner of my 'junk I'll never finish' pile.

Hmmm.... looks like SOMEBODY'S never climbed into a Ford H-series COE! :(

I've seen a 1:1 Willys cabover in a magazine. I think it was Street Rodder, and it seemed like it was about ten years ago or so. I even tried to do one in 1:25 with an AMT kit as the basis, but it didn't end well and I either broke it down for parts or it lives in the deepest, darkest corner of my 'junk I'll never finish' pile.

Hey Chuck, I'll be doing mine in 1/8th scale as I want to have the shell cast in fiberglass. It's going to be a fairly large master...... I want to be able to put a 1/8th R/M Deuce on the back. Less shelf space......LOL.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

• 3 years later...

(borrowed website photos here)

Well, when the Willys coupe / pickup was selected for the GSL "Group '03' category was selected, I figured nobody would expect a cabover. But I had it in my mind that the thing should face backwards and have a vertical steam boiler in it. So the first pic below shows the front of my model with a windsheild bubble were the driver sits, and the second pic shows the back of it.

MVC626S-vi.jpg

031.jpg

• 2 months later...