Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Grand Sport induction setup

Hello.

I`m searching for the the Grand Sport intake setup (see picture). So here are some questions.

1: Does any aftermarket vendors make complete setup for Chevrolet small & big block engines?

2: Is there any model kits avaliable with this setup today?

Thanks

Tommy

post-11584-0-08677000-1414683807_thumb.j

Thanks for the suggestions. The Revell kit looks to be a smallblock or?

RMM? Does the company have a website?

Yes, it's a small block Chevy intake.

R&MCoofM has no online presence, but you can e-mail them: replmincomd@aol.com

RMM = Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. excellent resin caster, highly recommended. call Norm and order a catalogue and you will be placing an 100$ order the night of its arrival almost guaranteed!

but you might be able to pick up one of those AM/Revell kits for a low price if you look around. the originals had some flaws that were later corrected so they sometimes go real cheap.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

Revell's 67 Corvette Convertible #4087 has this style of intake for the big block Chevy.

No, actually it does not. It's a big block cross ram fuel injection set up. The Accurate Miniatures Webber cross ram set up is indeed for a small block. The best ever kitted.

actually I believe the Revell and the AM kits are all from the AM run of the kits...didn't Revell just buy a warehouse full and they are reboxing them? and I believe once they are gone they may well be gone for good? though the molds have to be somewhere I suppose...

jb

actually I believe the Revell and the AM kits are all from the AM run of the kits...didn't Revell just buy a warehouse full and they are reboxing them? and I believe once they are gone they may well be gone for good? though the molds have to be somewhere I suppose...

jb

That is correct. If I remember correctly, there were somewhere between 3-5000 of these kits left from AM and Revell bought them and reboxed them. They did NOT acquire any molds. I'm guessing they got them for a good price. If there were that many left after the close of AM, they must not have been flying off the shelves.

As I said...they are from the same tooling. ;)

I believe Revell sold out quite soon after they released the stock they had because they weren't avalable that long.

Since I have 5 of the original issues sitting in the basement "store", I wasn't of a mind to get in line to buy more. I got 4 of mine when a hobby shop was closing and he had big markdowns on scads of kits.

I just got a set in 1/24th from TDR Innovations (via Shapeways) and it looks good so far but judging by the size of the manifold, I think it's setup for a smallblock.

comes with the stacks and the rest...here's just the manifold

medium.jpg

TDR's cross-ram FI is for a BBC, see their pic:

Cross%20Ram%20Injection.jpg?height=151&w

The original issue AMT 70 Monte Carlo had a BBC cross ram weber if I remember correctly. I still think I have one in the parts stash (not trading). I used one in the late 90's on a 33 Ford street rod:

100_0077_zps4fba88c3.jpg