Model Cars Magazine Forum

Accurate Miniatures ILYUSHIN IL-2 Done !

Did the best that I could and it is what it is as they say. I don't believe I will be building another plane anytime soon. : )

I don't know why not. That looks great Ray!!!! The way you were talking earlier sounded like you thought the build was turning out terrible. This looks like your best turned out a good build to me bud. I like the display base as well.emotion-21.gif

Edited by mustang1989

looks pretty nice! a nice change from the normal green camo

on the more complex canopies you can always use liquid masking

you should check out the new airfix 1/72 kits in the red boxes. they are tamiya quality at only 8-10 bucks and nice simple fun builds

I think it looks great. I would have liked to seen some greens showing through here and there though, but that's just me. I'd be very happy to call it my own. Obviously too late for this one, but I have some excellent references on the Stormovic, should you ever tackle another.

I have only built one P-39 and it was the old 1/48th Monogram one from way back. I can point you in a direction and you can do some research and there are others here that may know more about these small kits in the way of kit quality.

Here are some available from Squadron. In addition to these I know that Academy issues one as well. Hope this helps buddy!

http://www.squadron.com/1-72-Scale-Model-Prop-Plane-Kits-s/2392.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=2392&show=18&page=1&search=%20airacobra

Well in that case Eduard puts out a decent 1/48 boxing of the P-39. I don't know if it's a re box of another kit but I'll tell ya this:Eduard makes a slew of AM goodies for it to include masks........... :D

Ultimately, of course, it's your decision as to what kit you get. I'm merely offering my icon_smile_2cents.gif

Edited by mustang1989