Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALS (Atmospheric Land Speeder) Mark II, Version 1

OK guys and gals. This is my first SF model. I have alsways been interested in SF models but military modeling has always been my first love. But this time I wanted to try something different and decided to go for it with both feet in. So I decided I wanted to make my first entry into the Sci-Fi arena, a Hovercraft. I had three versions of hover bike that will be building.

This one you see here is the first of the three. I called this one ALS(Atmospheric Land Speeder). I wanted something rugged, weathered, beaten up, Badass and interesting to look upon. I loved the Star Wars version, both old and the new version. Someone had scratch built the new Star Wars land speeder which took my breath away. So I decided to scratch built mine in order to get the look and feel of what I was aiming for. The build is partly scratch and modified using parts from different other kits. I alsoused materials like electrical sockets, old astma powder holders and bits and pieces of misc. materials that fit the bill.

The result is what you see before you. I had no major plans or drawings but I knew how I wanted it to look in my head. So bit by bit I just tried different materials to see how'd it look, then just glued it in place.

-------------------------------------------

Then I came up with design I thought did the trick. So here are pics of my first SCi-Fi build. Hope you all like the build. Still need to weather it in other places and change out the base and make it more presentable. Then it would be done.

als_new_pics13_zpsrulqwa6i.jpg

als_new_pics17_zpsrghnvt5z.jpg

als_new_pics16_zpsrv8iq1t1.jpg

als_new_pics19_zpsl4kzyaoi.jpg

als_new_pics15_zpsze4l1u0p.jpg

Edited by tiking

awesome, doing sci-fi builds are not as easy as it looks.

I have a scratch built fighter from the original Wing Commander computer game resting in a dark corner of my hobby area.

it may make an appearance in a show/contest some day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...