Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Community Build Project

1320wayne

• 4 weeks later...

so, everyone still building? glad the problem is solved and we are back up and running. I got more done on the Pontiac. have to shoot some pictures and post them up. I also started another project. a 32 highboy I am pro streeting. keep the progress updates coming.

• 2 weeks later...

boy, we are slipping down the page.....

got some more done on the Pontiac. I know, pictures needed and wanted, I understand!!! patience is a virtue. getting the floor pan all sanded, looking for brace points. mocking up of the motor is coming out good. nothing so far hs made me give up on this one.... yet.

I cleaned the floor the other day and found the lost side window to my Fairlane. Wonders do never cease! Now I can finally finish that build.

Off to the NHRA Northwest Nationals this weekend at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington. I have tickets for time trials and tech inspection today and finals on Sunday.

By!

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

UH-OH!! we are slipping guys. we got passed by the lowriders and the MG guys.... anyways, have a camera that will not cooperate so no picts, but got a little more done on the 62 Pontiac, started on the interior paint, body primed. looking to add some bracing to the already beefed chassis. looking to cut the drivers door open, looks to be a real challenge with the way the door line meets the front window trim. not a lot of room, but if I can do it, it will look really neat. got the motor mocked up. starting to take shape. at the rate I am moving, it should be done by Christmas of 2015!!

• 2 weeks later...

I really like that little Falcon Chuck!! Perfect choice on the wheels and tires! What do you have planned for the engine or do you already have it in there? I have a Trumpeter Falcon that I'm planning on starting sometime soon. The entire chassis from the AMT '66 Nova is practically a drop in. Or...... I may get in on this '61....

001-7.jpg

I'm thinking a scratchbuilt tube chassis, big engine and slammed to the ground. I'm gonna see how the chassis from the Matt Hay Thunderbird fits before I attempt the scratchbuilt chassis though. That'll save me a lot of work. I gotta finish up my '60 Ford pickup and trailer along with a few other projects first.

Oh, that Nova chassis does indeed practically drop in- I did have to "Fordify" mine a little, though. :D Here it is about halfway through that process...

7-vi.jpg

For power I'm going with the SBF/four-speed from the '67 Mustang that coughed up its suspension bits, but fitted with EFI and a centrifugal supercharger- or maybe dual McCulloughs.

Oh, that Nova chassis does indeed practically drop in- I did have to "Fordify" mine a little, though. :D Here it is about halfway through that process...

7-vi.jpg

For power I'm going with the SBF/four-speed from the '67 Mustang that coughed up its suspension bits, but fitted with EFI and a centrifugal supercharger- or maybe dual McCulloughs.

sounds killer Chuck!! I cant see the pictures here at work so I will have to take our word for it. the only thing that sounds a little kiltered is the EFI is a lot more modern than the McCulloughs. that sounds just "old school" to me. I would go with the EFI/supercharger myself. btw, is the falcon a resin piece? I want a 62/3 sooooooo bad, but will not reach in the pocket for one.

My Falcon is an original AMT annual, but the hood and seats are resin repops by Modelhaus. AMT turned the '66-70 Falcon tooling into a modified stocker sometime in the '70's, so I doubt it'll ever be reissued.

not what I wanted to heat..... I need to find me a couple of falcons... not that I need more projects........ well, yea, yes I do need more projects!!!

I need to get hoppin on my Pontiac too...

not what I wanted to heat..... I need to find me a couple of falcons... not that I need more projects........ well, yea, yes I do need more projects!!!

I need to get hoppin on my Pontiac too...

Best way to a '66-70 Falcon is to dig up some old glue bombs and/or broken promos, pirate the usable stuff from each car, and (worst case scenario) use the Modelhaus stuff to fill in the blanks.

Chuck's right. Fear not the glue bombs. Every rare build or project I have started life as a glue bomb. Sometimes, you can score an unpainted build pretty cheap. I bought a pretty nice '62 Galaxie promo that was just dirty, unpainted and had aftermarket wheels on it for $40 plus shipping. The '61 Falcon in my previous post only cost me $26 with shipping. This little '61 Comet was only $22 and change shipped. It still had the original wheel covers and tires. This one makes two that I now have. Patience and diligence will pay off.

010_zpsea3ae136.jpg

• 7 months later...

hehe, yep, still building....... when time allows. got a few more on the bench.

stretched the wells, what chevelle are you building. I have quit a few of those (revel and AMT ones) but they all get ripped apart for parts. would love to see what you are doing. i have turns a few street cars into race cars though. i have to go back and actually see what i said i was working on......

It's the revell 67 chevelle. The wheel wells are tiny for the big firestones. Here is what I'm up to so farpost-8987-0-87265500-1400026049_thumb.jppost-8987-0-92597000-1400026067_thumb.jppost-8987-0-49207000-1400026089_thumb.jppost-8987-0-08408900-1400026126_thumb.jp

I stretched them 6mm. Had a spare junk body to get the piece from. Leaning towards a deluxe 604 milodon resin big block. Cowl hood. Maybe efi. Maybe a procharger. Not sure. Just going to get the look I want first

Nice work on stretching the fenderwells Fred. Are those slot car wheels? I may build another pro streeter for this CBP once I get my short bed, chopped and slammed '62 F-100 built. I have a Trumpeter '64 Falcon and chassis from the AMT '66 Nova ready to go when the time comes.

It's the revell 67 chevelle. The wheel wells are tiny for the big firestones. Here is what I'm up to so far I stretched them 6mm. Had a spare junk body to get the piece from. Leaning towards a deluxe 604 milodon resin big block. Cowl hood. Maybe efi. Maybe a procharger. Not sure. Just going to get the look I want first

I did not realize those were so small a wheelwell. great job on the stretching. I rob most of the parts from these kits and have yet to build one. where are you getting the resin motor from. have never used a resin motor but I am going to give VCG resins a call and cet a few of Manny's motors. would like to see more of this bad butt machine.