Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR KPCG 10

martinfan5

Its Tamiya Skyline 2000 GTR, pulled it out from the stash, pretty much plan on keeping it stock, going to change the wheels , the kit comes with steel wheels, but going to change them out for a set of Watanabe wheels .

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

I had started getting the body painted but my string of bad luck with painting struck this build , and I am trying to strip the Tamiya paint

Here is some work done on the engine and exhaust

I am waiting for my new micro drill bits to get here so I can drill out the holes for the plug wires

sg3.jpg

sg5.jpg

I cut off the small exhaust tips, not sure which one I am going to go with

sg6.jpg

Awesome Build so far Jonathan. I am digging it man. I picked up one of these a while back myself and I want to build mine like the black one from Fast Five. I have even picked up two sets of Wantanabe's but I am looking for a specific set of Fujimi Wantanabe's since the first two aren't an exact match...lol Can't wait to see more of this build.

Awesome Build so far Jonathan. I am digging it man. I picked up one of these a while back myself and I want to build mine like the black one from Fast Five. I have even picked up two sets of Wantanabe's but I am looking for a specific set of Fujimi Wantanabe's since the first two aren't an exact match...lol Can't wait to see more of this build.

Chris, I want to do that one as well, what set of wheels are on the movie version

If you dont mind buying stuff from Japan, I know online hobby shop that has all the Fujimi Watanabe wheels sets selling for around $7

Chris, I want to do that one as well, what set of wheels are on the movie version

If you dont mind buying stuff from Japan, I know online hobby shop that has all the Fujimi Watanabe wheels sets selling for around $7

Jonathan.... the ones I picked up are Fujimi # 19124 which all are a deep dish.... too deep for the fronts and the other is Ashomia # 040201-700.... these seem too shallow for the rears. The Fujimi set that I am looking for and from what I can see looks mostly like what's on the car from the movie is Fujimi part # 19142.... looks more like the offsets, but I can't locate this set for the life of me. even been keeping my eye on ebay too. I don't mind if I need to order from Japan. that may be what I need to do....lol

chris, just a thought .... ive got a skyline too that i'm building like the fast five car. the wheels are hard to find but i got mine from a kit. to me they look perfect and on the body im working with they fit great. also a staggerd set up. the ones i got came out of a fujimi #04026 toyota celica xx.. if you want i can take some pictures of the wheels and a mock up on my kit.

also, dont mean to jack the thread :-) but good start ill be watchin this build :-D

Jason... those look perfect. thank you for the suggestion and for posing pics. I am going to have to pick up one of those kits now. I bet these are the same wheels that they sell in the one wheel kit I was looking for lol

Edited by Mooneyzs

Here is the body in color, after already stripping the body once, I really didnt want to take another chance with the way my luck has been going, so I used Model Master GTS blue Lacquer, I have never had this paint let me down

sg13.jpg

and here is the interior floor pan in flocking

sg9.jpg

and the door panels and dash

sg7.jpg

sg8.jpg

and did a little bit of detail work on the engine

sg12.jpg

and the exhaust tips in place

sg11.jpg

Fujimi offers 3 different versions of the Watanabe wheels, so you don't have to buy the whole Celica kit (if you don't want to). They can be found at Hoby Link Japan for a reasonable price. I beleive they are offered in a 15" street version, 17", and a 15" staggered. I just received my staggered set with racing slicks in the mail today B)

Edited by Intmd8r