Model Cars Magazine Forum

CROSSROADS BLUES RAT ROD (STACEY DAVID 32)

Dr. Cranky

Good Lord ! Lets see ... Screw gun ? Check ! 3 in wood screws ? Check ! 2 by 4s ? Check ! Do it !

Alright , I have now put your fashion designer in an empty room where she can no longer do any more damage to the Forum's members eyesight .

Hmmm , what do I do about you now ? Therein lies the mystery ! Because the answer is , absolutely nothing ! You are whacked out beyond redemption ! What a wonderful sight to see, first thing in the morning !

You ain't right , Virg , in no way , shape , or form !

Lmao !

:lol: :lol:

I'm just getting ready for the STYRENE-A-POCALYPSE, Donn! This is when you find that kit that really drives you crazy and you know you will end up building dozens of them. Well, I feel like this is it.

In 2014, I will be building 12 of these, one every month: 6 Shiny, 6 Not Shiny, and we'll see what happens then!

:lol: :lol:

really cool ( to be clear i mean the rod not..... :lol: )

LOL, really? When was the last time you saw a big model builder wearing a Russian military helmet and gas mask, checker suspenders, a kilt, Miami Dolphin socks, and foofy and comfy Chinese-made Crocs? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Thanks Co. While building this model, I kept thinking of a story I heard (don't know if it is really true) that when Mr. Gibbons comes into certain towns he likes to rent some jalopies and drive around town in them and in style. But this idea (image) really become a driving force behind this build.

Chris, I drilled them out. Took a while, but it looks better.

I will paint the guitar last, I think, as the crowning last touch. We still have a ways to go. Spent the day spraying primer.

Virgil... thanks for answering my question. I think it looks killer that you drilled them out and I have to agree it looks way better. I am sure digging this build so far. I always love seeing your builds come to life and one of these days I am going to have to try and rust one out "Dr. Cranky Style". Thanks for always taking us step by step.