Model Cars Magazine Forum

Models at Wal-Mart

Nothing here in Pennsylvania. It wouldn't help me much anyway. I don't buy much in the way of current releases and the Testors display is dismal!

Overall, we can rant that this hurts local hobby shops, but I think it's grabbing a different audience, those who haven't been exposed to models. So it's probably good for the hobby.

Nothing here in Pennsylvania. It wouldn't help me much anyway. I don't buy much in the way of current releases and the Testors display is dismal!

Overall, we can rant that this hurts local hobby shops, but I think it's grabbing a different audience, those who haven't been exposed to models. So it's probably good for the hobby.

And that rant is getting so old, I am tired of hearing it , its 2013 ,its time to adapt or become extinct

Haven't gotten around to checking my local Wally-World, but I recently noticed that models had made a return to the local "Meijers". Not much selection, but there nonetheless.

I consider this a good sign for the hobby. Likewise, I agree that in some cases, this may be the only exposure that some kids get to the hobby.

The wife and I had some time to kill the other night and decided to walk through the Wal Mart in Concord NC, near the speedway, and saw these same kits on the shelf. She was nice enough to ask if there was anything I might need or want and I laughed and said "No!"

I just seen them here in Michigan in Taylor today. I was told my the manager that the bigger store that have good sales will be carring them. For the s/e model like the 2010 Camaro it was $21.99 each I was glad to see them there again.

Edited by IMPALASS89

Yea... I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart but nonetheless, it should hopefully spark some teens/ kids mind to pick them up.

Not to mention... My local Wal-Mart carries the same models that I can find at Michaels. Between the two, I'm going to Michaels because their customer service is better and we all know about the 40% off Coupon.

Edited by MikeyB08

They could be .99 cents for all I care. I don't do business with that company.

Bob

Yea... I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart but nonetheless, it should hopefully spark some teens/ kids mind to pick them up.

Not to mention... My local Wal-Mart carries the same models that I can find at Michaels. Between the two, I'm going to Michaels because their customer service is better and we all know about the 40% off Coupon.

Ditto, I wouldn't walk into a Wal-Mart for anything if my life depended on it. I can't think of a single thing good to say about them.

2 Walmarts within 15 Miles of me, one has em, one does not, the one that does not is a super Walmart. As far as nothing exciting, I got Revell's 62 Impala at mine.

Neither Walmart within 10 miles of me has them, our local Meihers started carrying them last year, but then Meijers closed there doors here, along with my local hobby shop. All I got with in 45 minutes of me here is Hobby Lobby and Micheals. I do most my shopping online now.

The last time I was at a Wal Mart (months ago), they had a limited selection of kits. Looked like they were mostly kits that didn't sell very well. The prices on them surely didn't help their cause. I'll buy mine from ebay or my LHS twenty miles down the road. This past Christmas or maybe the one before, they had kits on a display in the middle of an aisle for $10.99 and $9.99. I couldn't pass up that deal. So, I bought three.