Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

Hi Dave, the ProStar looks great. Is Moebius considering other brands of trucks such as Mack (hint), kw or Peterbilt? I built a LoneStar and loved it. About to use my second LoneStar as a base kit for a kenworth t904 conversion which is an Australian truck, auslowe is making it. Cheers

Ben

Cool thing. I am happy that someone takes care of the new stuff. Doesn´t matter if I do like the real truck or not... and I do, by the way. But the model world sure needs some fresh air. Lonestar and Prostar are welcome items. Let them roll, Dave. Let them roll.

First off amazing job on this, I cant wait to get my hands on one of those! Speaking of that, is there an approx. date that it will be available on the shelves?

Also one other thing, is this Prostar going to the have the same option as the Lonestar kit to have the "roof fairing" peice (sorry if that is not the correct terminology for it" removable?

Will the headlights have actual lenses?

IMG0336-M.jpg

Also Dave, how can Moebius turn out top quality totally new highly detailed 1/25th scale truck model kits and have them on the shelves in about a year from the public announcement that they will be offered and Revell and Italeri take 2, 4 or more years to do the same?

Yes the headlights will have clear lenses - they'll be similar to the arrangement on LoneSar -

I don't know how long it takes other companies to get product to market - LoneStar project started in Spring of 2009 and kits shipped in spring of 2011 - I'd say 2 years - maybe even a little longer from start of project to having kits on the boat..

ProStar might get done in between a year and 18 months - but alot of ProStar is lifted right from LoneStar..

I don't think that we're doing things all that much faster than anyone else..

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for this update. Your Prostar indeed looks like a Prostar and I much like it. I am looking forward for this and the 53ft GD trailer.

Edit: Its about time to see a 2012 Peterbilt 389/386, isn't?

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for this update. Your Prostar indeed looks like a Prostar and I much like it. I am looking forward for this and the 53ft GD trailer.

Edit: Its about time to see a 2012 Peterbilt 389/386, isn't?

Kostas.

also add a modern paccar engine in it and you got a deal!

Yes the headlights will have clear lenses - they'll be similar to the arrangement on LoneSar -

I don't know how long it takes other companies to get product to market - LoneStar project started in Spring of 2009 and kits shipped in spring of 2011 - I'd say 2 years - maybe even a little longer from start of project to having kits on the boat..

ProStar might get done in between a year and 18 months - but alot of ProStar is lifted right from LoneStar..

Dave

While one company is doing a good job of cleaning up the old molds, and the 2 other ones are rehashing the old kits at sky-high prices, you guys are actually doing something new and relevant!

You might not be faster than the other ones but you ARE doing something new! Thanks a bunch!

Dave

But your doing it MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what really matters!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

The last all new North American type subject Italeri offered,, the Volvo VN series took them 4 years to get on the shelves. It was a very good kit despite all of the complaining some have made (funny, now many wish they would reissue it), but it was a curbside kit. And from what I remember, it almost was canceled in mid production. Italeri's latest all new truck kit, the Iveco Stralis is going on 7 years and hasn't been released. You Moebius guys are turning out good stuff efficiently and at very attractive prices. Maybe their product development techniques are inefficient.

Edited by chuckyr