Model Cars Magazine Forum

Force 440 Dodge Monaco

tvandmoviecars

Years ago I picked up a open kit at a swap meet (I think).. when I opened the box, I was pleased to see TWO bodies in there (sadly only 1 rear bumper and tail lights).. with all my AMT Goon Cars, I had plenty of donor parts to almost build the 2nd. 1 will end up as a STOCK civilian car, but the one I am currently working on, is ANYTHING but stock...

It will have a donor motor with wit a blower through the hood, chassis and proably engine will be donoted by a pro street 70 Super Bee Pro Street kit, Goon Car interior tub (sinces its a 2 door tub anyways) with racing seats, roll cage, etc... and a set of CUSTOM Hazzard Sheriff Decals and low profile lightbar of some sort.... I am calling it "Rosco's Revenge"...

DSCF3099.jpg

Edited by tvandmoviecars

DSCF3098.jpg

DSCF3097.jpg

wow.. didnt realize I have "worked" on this for 8 years!!! Just pulled up the ORIGINAL photos and they are from 2004!! Back then it was going to be a regular Monaco.. but guess that was when I found the box of 2 bodies or so... BUT, anyways... here are shots of the interior and chassis as I was starting them, and doing some test fittings

http://public.fotki.com/tvandmoviecars/automotive/models/my_models-1/sorted/dukes_model_cars/hazzard_county_patr/pro_street/

Edited by tvandmoviecars

I built one of the Force 440 kits back in the day. Also had an earlier stock Monaco kit with round headlights ('75 or '76 maybe?). Wish now that I'd have been able to afford to have picked up a couple more of each at the time!!! I do have a couple of the Goon cars in my stash! Not sure what style to build them in. Will check back on this one for sure!

I built one of the Force 440 kits back in the day. Also had an earlier stock Monaco kit with round headlights ('75 or '76 maybe?). Wish now that I'd have been able to afford to have picked up a couple more of each at the time!!! I do have a couple of the Goon cars in my stash! Not sure what style to build them in. Will check back on this one for sure!

I have a promo from 75 or 76... never seen it as a "Kit"... love to have a real one with a 400 or such in it... I currently have a REAL 77 and a REAL 78 Dodge Monaco 4 door.. and a 74 Coronet 4 door... all basically the same cars... ironially.. the 75/76s are my favorites and I have them surrounded!<LOL> But.. great when I need references while building the Goon Car!<LOL>

164_7884-vi.jpg

the green one is 66,000 alll original, and my good weather daily driver. the white one is being RE-Restored.... I did it in 2005,

545683_10151089386638508_480186163_n.jpg

but had 3 months to get it done, so took many shortcuts in the bodywork... and they all came back to kick me in the backside!<LOL> So now trying to get rust free parts to replace parts too far gone.... but it does run and drive around the yard, when it has a good battery. the last one needs a motor, but is a rust free rolling Chassis... also got 2 68 4 door Satellites, 1 1/2 restored and 1 parts car...

oh yeah... and a big orange money pit!<LOL>

5972_120794273507_5528413_n.jpg

4 of my 6 together

165947_10151259107153508_1541697223_n.jpg

that shot is about a year old, as my other barn isnt done, and the brown car was still outside.... it is now parked inside that open garage door.

Edited by tvandmoviecars

What kit is this? I thought the goon cars and dukes police car are 4 doors? Do tell ...

Most recent release was many years ago in the "Force 440" version. It was issued earlier in production stock versions, but those are extremely rare. As it is, the Force 440 kit usually draws some tall bucks.

This would be another great Round2 re-issue ....

5084176233_0fa0fe3616_z.jpg

B)

Most recent release was many years ago in the "Force 440" version. It was issued earlier in production stock versions, but those are extremely rare. As it is, the Force 440 kit usually draws some tall bucks.

This would be another great Round2 re-issue ....

5084176233_0fa0fe3616_z.jpg

B)

define "tall bucks"? I have 1 that was opened that I am building, that came with a 2nd body.... BUT, I also have 1 factory sealed that i got about 15 years ago, and dont plan to ever build... since its factory sealed.

doubt it'll be re-released, since I suspect the body was converted into the 4 door. If you look at the box art on the Dukes cop car.... it's got the 2 door rear end and side panels... except as a 4 door..

0fa8637349823d64906349259018.jpg

roscostockdecals0013-vi.jpg

Edited by tvandmoviecars

I always noticed that about the rear end on the box of the DOH one, never put two and two together, well was never good at math anyways :lol:

So the interior tub on the Goon/DOH/Hooker kit is for a two door?

Yep.

And, Don is correct ... the two-door tooling was modified to create the four-door kit ... I don't recall for certain at the moment (too early, too little coffee) but I believe the T.J. Hooker version was the first, with the Pukes of Hazzard being second in the series of issues/re-issues which culminated in the Gotham City/Joker Goon Car version.

Regarding the T.J. Hooker kit and the Pukes kit, I could be wrong in the issuance sequence, my recall is fogged by the images of Heather Thomas and Catherine Bach every time I try to think about it.

The Pukes version clearly shows the two-door's deck and hind quarters on a four-door cabin. Interesting box art faux pas.

B)

Now I know that there are many Morpar Guy's here on the Forum, But I must say this! What's wrong with you Guy's?

I think that I've only seen one Chevy from the Movie(don't quote me on this Title please LAZY HARRY & CRAZY MARY)

never have I seen a picture of the Yellow Charger, nor the Awesome Dodge Squade Car, come on Guy's I can smell the wood burning, forget the GENERAL LEE for a while !! PLEASE !!

Someone please make me Happy, I'm getting Older!!

Mike Akai

who's talking General Lee (Except 1 photo of my real one, in the pics of my cars, and a shot eartlier.) We are talking about the Force 440 Monaco and its' later incarnations.... which does include the Hazzard Sheriff car.

Ands it's Dirty Larry, "Crazy Mary"... but if you need a Dukes connection... the blond cop that wrecks.. is Al Wyatt Jr, that was 1 of his very first roles/stunts.... he later was Bo's stunt double, and jumped may cars on Dukes.... sadly he recently passed away, his heart gave out.

mealan-vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Now I know that there are many Morpar Guy's here on the Forum, But I must say this! What's wrong with you Guy's?

I think that I've only seen one Chevy from the Movie(don't quote me on this Title please LAZY HARRY & CRAZY MARY)

never have I seen a picture of the Yellow Charger, nor the Awesome Dodge Squade Car, come on Guy's I can smell the wood burning, forget the GENERAL LEE for a while !! PLEASE !!

Someone please make me Happy, I'm getting Older!!

Mike Akai

Well if you go to the cbp threads

There's a topic called mopar or no car .. I'm building the dirty Mary crazy Larry charger.. lol an I think I put one in the workbench UN dirty marry crazy Larry... just sayin ..lol