Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back in the game...

My name is William and I'm back in model building after about an 8 year layoff. I've been hanging around this site for a little bit but haven't properly introduced myself. I'm 28 now and started building when I was around 10. My uncle is an amazing builder and helped me get started, as well as get me back in the game recently. When I was younger I competed in many contests in the junior division. I won a bunch of trophies but I always built cars for myself. I'm part of a club now (No Name Model Club) and am the youngest builder by over 20 years. While most everyone in the club builds muscle cars and street rods, I enjoy building imports, touring cars and 90's cars. I enjoy the occasional muscle car or classic but I try to build stuff that stands out at the club meets. Basically they build the show cars, I build the cars that drive to the car shows. For example I'm working on a 1990 Ford Taurus, 1993 Pontiac Grand Am and a Hippo Sleek Subaru Legacy GT (among countless other half built models). I don't build trucks and refuse to build Street rods. Nothing against either one, I just basically suck at them. I built a 32 Ford years ago and just never really cared for it. But anyways that's a little about me. Hopefully I'll be able to show off something soon. Anyways back to the bench for me. Gotta get the engine in the Taurus :)

• 5 weeks later...