Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

When it comes to front ends, and rearends, why not make the body with these off. Then make seperate front, and rear, parts for the different cars. I would imagine it would even make it easyier too cast.

Then You also have the different front/rear, for other versions of the '73/'74 Chevelles. Maybe even El Caminos. I can't say I don't like the Coupe, but those SW's, sedans, and trucks ain't bad either.

factor10_800x600.jpg

1973ElCamino.JPG

What about this place. VCG resins. I don't know anything about them, I just stumbled on them looking for wheels and thought of this thread.

post-9652-0-27771900-1338082252_thumb.jp

post-9652-0-69654700-1338082237_thumb.jp

The bodies with the nose is 17.50 seems like a decent price even if there not that great. But it looks good from the photo's

Edited by IHSS

What about this place. VCG resins. I don't know anything about them, I just stumbled on them looking for wheels and thought of this thread.

post-9652-0-27771900-1338082252_thumb.jp

post-9652-0-69654700-1338082237_thumb.jp

The bodies with the nose is 17.50 seems like a decent price even if there not that great. But it looks good from the photo's

That would be the 1975/1976 Laguna kit. Not a very good nose casting at that.

ok members please clear this up for me then tell me how you want or if you want a 73 chevelle and or a 74 chevelle & what trim level.

thanks

73 chevelle!

i built the blueprinter version of 74 laguna and the chevelle front wouldn't fit on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin has sent me the parts, so this project is underway. What he's given me is a '73 car, so it will be a 1973 Chevelle. We can possibly base other models on this one.

Kevin, thanks for sending me a light colored Olds, that will be a big help. Neither body has any warp, so that will help as well.

I've got a pretty good idea where I'll make my cuts, so I'll have some progress soon.

Kevin, at some point I'll need the Monte Carlo door panels, as they are the best starting point for the Chevelle.

I'm doing the body first, so what kind of interior pattern would you all like to have? Did the Chevelle have the bucket seat option?

I'll post pics as progress is made...

This model is going to be cast in resin. This is a continuation of the 1974 Chevelle thread in the RESIN section. I promised progress reports.

I have added the greenhouse of the 1975 Olds to the Chevelle body. This rids us of the chopped racing top and the malformed windshield area typical of the Chevelle/Laguna racing models. Also shown is the fit of the Olds chassis, which I plan to use for ease of molding. The model will feature an opening hood with some underhood detail. More pictures as I progress.Chevelle733.jpgChevelle732.jpgChevelle73.jpgChevelle731.jpg

I'm in for one too. Any chance of a Laguna-style nose on it? (I once had a '73 Laguna wagon, so I'm partial to that style.)

The idea is over time to add different noses and interiors to this basic kit. Something had to be first, and since the kit i was given was supposed to represent a 1973 model Chevelle, that's what I've started with. I was nearly finished with my own 1973 Laguna, but I hadn't changed the greenhouse and I'm not real satisfied with it. It will probably donate it's Laguna nose to a future version of this model. The resin company casting this is well known, and has high quality.

Edited by Repstock

...But is anyone doing '74 Chevelle, or do I have to convert it myself? :huh:

Once the Chevelle (both SS and regular) and Laguna versions of the 1973 car are finished, it would be logical to then do a 1974 car. I can't give you a timeline on this, but that's the plan.

I may even do a 1977 car much later, as there was one in my parents' driveway years ago.

Edited by Repstock

You are doing some spectacular work on this Chevelle! I'll be ordering a couple of them, especially if the various versions are available. As I said earlier in the thread, I once owned a '73 Laguna wagon, so please consider a wagon version once the coupe is finished. Then maybe an El Camino too...

Two different Laguna noses, too? :huh:

Two different noses, and the grilles were different between the 1973 and '74 too. The Laguna had round signal lights and no badge in 1973, while in '74 it had squared-off signal lights and the "Laguna Type S-3" badge in the middle.

I moved the progress-specific posts from the OTW thread back to here, so everything is in one place. It probably should all be in the OTW section, but it's good for others to see how a resin master is created, and this one is certainly looking good so far.

I moved the progress-specific posts from the OTW thread back to here, so everything is in one place. It probably should all be in the OTW section, but it's good for others to see how a resin master is created, and this one is certainly looking good so far.

Thank you for keeping the whole thread together. If I were making this just for myself, I would have put it in the OTW section. In this case, the interested parties are probably here. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much what you said, isn't it?

Thank you for keeping the whole thread together. If I were making this just for myself, I would have put it in the OTW section. In this case, the interested parties are probably here. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much what you said, isn't it?

I think that's what I tried to say. :blink:

Nice work on the body so far, Tom. This one is going to make a lot of people happy when it's finished. :)