Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

Here's some more pics of my progress. Please ignore optical distortion that makes the model look like a swayback in some pictures. Also, I don't know what's up with my focus, but some of these could be a bit clearer.

Here's the front end:

aChevFront.jpg

Here's the step that will help in mounting the front bumper

aChevFrontBmpPlstc.jpg

Here's the rear end:

aChevRear.jpg

Here's the step for the rear bumper

aChevRearBmpPlstc.jpg:

If anyone would like to assist in this project, I need the following from any '77 Monte Carlo kit:

The outside mirrors, an interior pan, and a dash.

We're going for multiple versions of this year Chevelle.

Thanks to those who have already assisted! Much appreciated!

I know there is a 73 Chevelle being mastered right now but there is a 75 Laguna being cast right now... Pice is real reasonable also... I do not know the quality of this item but looks good in the picture... Go to this link and click on the bodies & parts... http://vcgresin.atspace.com/

Meh...that Laguna body looks less detailed than the old MPC race car body, no door handles, marker lights or other detail.

Edited by Rob Hall

IIRC, F&F Resin did one of those maybe 10 years ago, never seen one in person, though.

really? :huh: i never saw one either myself!...hey heres an idea....send me one of those castings Tom...and what ill do is work on it to be the buick century ive always wanted and then ill mail it back to ya for casting....and after you start casting just send it back to me for building for the build up pic for the site? ^_^ ...Up for the challenge Tom? :lol:

really? :huh: i never saw one either myself!...hey heres an idea....send me one of those castings Tom...and what ill do is work on it to be the buick century ive always wanted and then ill mail it back to ya for casting....and after you start casting just send it back to me for building for the build up pic for the site? ^_^ ...Up for the challenge Tom? :lol:

They will be sold through Missing Link when ready. I can't speak for them, but if my experience is any indication, if you want to do a Century for them, they'll do everything in their power to help you make it happen. I'd love to build a Century!

They will be sold through Missing Link when ready. I can't speak for them, but if my experience is any indication, if you want to do a Century for them, they'll do everything in their power to help you make it happen. I'd love to build a Century!

ok....just get them in touch with me and we will go from there....oh i really want a BUICK Century! :lol:

..oh i really want a BUICK Century! :lol:

Hopefully this topic will be an inspiration for you and others who want something is scale which isn't available. ;)

Tom's work is incredibly nice, and to think that he's going through all this effort to help others out and save them a ton of work is very generous and unselfish on his part, and speaks volumes about his passion for the hobby. :)

Wow. I had no idea so much was going on in this thread. I just sat here and read the whole thing. It's great to see the interaction between caster and master(er? lol).

Tom, not to be repetitive here, but your work is excellent. That grill is very impressive! It'd be a real learning experience to be a fly on the wall while you worked. I wish I'd known of you when I lived in Columbus...I'd have asked for the opportunity. :P

Wow. I had no idea so much was going on in this thread. I just sat here and read the whole thing. It's great to see the interaction between caster and master(er? lol).

Tom, not to be repetitive here, but your work is excellent. That grill is very impressive! It'd be a real learning experience to be a fly on the wall while you worked. I wish I'd known of you when I lived in Columbus...I'd have asked for the opportunity. :P

I would have liked that. It seems most of my friends live in Michigan now. Good thing we have these message boards, they make distance irrelevant!